Arsenal vs Ludogorets (Champions League)

Even so, we are still much better than me. I’d put Theo on the left though, as he is defensively better than Iwobi.

I think Monreal looks worse due to Iwobi being poor. It’s similar to when Podolski played left, zero defensive cover.

1 Like

I think he has been awful all on his own this season , he drifts way to close to center and isnt there to cover the wing at all and by the time he gets there its way too late . Iwobi covers back more then others but not for 90 mins and since we lose the ball a lot when he cuts in its the perennial "Arsenal Way " shape problem with too many in front of the ball !

Agreed, just as Walcott’s notably improved workrate has improved the perception of Bellerin’s defending, so the replacement by Iwobi of Sanchez on the left has led to more problems for Nacho.

Monreal’s position in the team is safe enough for me, for the moment.

I think Monreal could potentially be improved upon (it seems we were somewhat in for Ricardo Rodríguez, no? Maybe we’ll make a run at him next summer?), but not by Kieran Gibbs. Anyways, he’s a very good left back, and I’d prefer him to most if not all LB in the league, just not the quickest.

1 Like

Can see this being goaless till around the 60 minute mark

I know it probably won’t happen but I’d LOVE another huge win like we had years ago vs Prague

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23pixg_arsenal-7-0-slavia-prague_sport

1 Like

They were quite impressive against P.S.G. before collapsing. Just stay focused.

Thought there would be some more tinkering to be had here…

1 Like

My exact prediction. Hope Chamberlain performs.

Right, MDC is still down, so we’re using this thread tonight :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good opportunity for GIbbs tonight, Monreal didn’t play so well against Swansea, so good for him to get a run out.

Not sure about Ox on the left though…

1 Like

When key players start going down with muscle related injuries late in the year there can be no complaints, no questioning where our “bad luck” comes from. Lucas and Elneny have been completely under used, this is not effective rotation or squad management.

6 Likes

Wow Xhaka got punished here as well.

I wanted to see Lucas.

At least Iwobi gets a break! Over to you ox.

1 Like

Good line-up. C’mon Arsenal!

Ridiculous Elneny isn’t playing. It’s fucking Ludogorets. Rest Cazorla

2 Likes

I like Calum! Always grumpy! :wilshere:

Seems odd for Xhaka not to be featuring considering his three game domestic ban. To a lesser degree odd not to see Elneny, perhaps Wenger is intending to play him in the next league match.

1 Like

Where is Giroud?