Arsenal vs Leicester City (PL) 4-2

Do you not think he is upgradeable? He is the glaring weak link in the team right now alongside Martinelli.
Martinelli can improve his end product. Xhaka ain’t getting a brain transplant and new mobile legs at 29.

4 Likes

@GC-Maniac did too. And think it’s just a general viewpoint that if we sign another midfielder Xhaka is out of there.

He isn’t as weak as is made out though. He is often very useful. He just never gets the credit he deserves.

Well if it is not Partey & Odegaard (which it certainly won’t be); who else will be benched?

I said recently before I don’t think we should move him to get Tielemans. It’s Lokonga that need to go ideally as he isn’t ready.

Judging from what Xhaka said recently, he should be up for the challenge of having other midfielders around him that he can compete with.

All of Liverpool, Chelsea, City and Spurs have depth right now that means some good midfielders will sit on the bench. Chelsea are also looking to add to that with Frenkie.

Xhaka not being a guaranteed starter at Arsenal should be normal.
As things stand both Partey and Xhaka are guaranteed starters when fit which is a risk. I can excuse Partey as players of his mold aren’t growing on trees but there’s players out there that can at least compete with Xhaka.

2 Likes

Agreed.

I think he will be a nailed on starter all season, fringe games aside.

He’s improved - not perfect - but he’s definitely improved. He’s a leader, Arteta likes him. I don’t think we’ll see him benched even if we sign Tielemans. Just have to accept it he’s still with us for a while, going through good and bad moments.

I’m at a mates wedding for this one. He’s a Spurs fan and so are most of his family.

Must win.

1 Like

There’s no way we sign a midfielder like Tielemans and Xhaka is still a nailed on starter.

Yep.

Hopefully he fucks off after that. He’s a cunt.

1 Like

Xhaka won’t be a nailed on starter but I think we probably just won’t have a nailed on starting XI. Sometimes it’ll be midfielder X, sometimes Xhaka, sometimes maybe Vieira. In the same way that Tierney and Zinchenko are both likely to start a bunch of games and probably White/Saliba/Tomiyasu will also rotate starts.

If we get a midfielder and a winger in, I think the only nailed on starters when everybody is fit and its a league game will be Jesus, Saka, Odegaard, Partey, Gabriel, and Ramsdale.

2 Likes

Probably a good sign for ESR, Tomi and Fabio that they’re not involved.

She is obviously just content with 4th-7th placed finishes for the foreseeable future if you’re content with Xhaka.

Decent player has his good games and poor ones, if you’re happy with 4th as a ceiling you won’t see much need for an upgrade.

If you want to see Arsenal contending for titles in this league, you’ll understand he isn’t the standard you require as starting CM.

4 Likes

Haha yeah.

1 Like

Hope our fans sing the Jamie Vardy your wife is a grass chant the Brentford fans were last weekend :joy:

Vieira not involved in U21 either. Guess he’s still not there.

1 Like

Matchday!!

The new Kim Kallstrom

GFFN :saliba:

4 Likes

We gonna smesh them!

6 Likes

Can’t wait to be at our first home game this season!

6 Likes