Arsenal Vs Fulham (PL)

Really think we should think about going for him. He was impressive when we played them last time too.

1 Like

I was reading the Fulham forum and they seemed to be trashing him. Put it like this, there was a thread opened up because he gave them a 6/10 performance and they were happy with it.

I think a quality player is a quality player and under a different environment he might thrive. But he certainly isn’t pulling up any trees at Fulham so far.

Would still take him here personally.

1 Like

Nice little win . Well done boys .
Still don’t like the way Lacazette is constantly being substituted tho .
Our defence is a major concern buy all accounts Fulham had some decent chances .
A win is a win and a good start to 2019
COYG

1 Like

Even if we beat Chelsea, I don’t have much faith we’ll pick up enough points in away games like West Ham, Leicester, Everton, Wolves & Watford to finish in the top 4.

Yeah as it stands I think we’re eventually going to end up in a situation like last season where the Europa League begins to take priority, but itll happen at a slightly later point this time I think.

1 Like

Tbh winning the EL is the best way to get into the CL as you actually get a proper trophy for it and not the one in @Robin_L’s avatar :giroud:

2 Likes

thank fuck that they won, i would have been sat with a bloody Beiber avatar for a month if they didnt…i was confident they would do it but when that goal went it to make it 2-1 i thought that the avatar bet was a bit of a stupid idea.

We need to keep up the winning momentum this weekend in the FA CUP with the Fulham points now secure

Good 3 points… only watched the 2nd half… can’t comment much

:joy::joy:

Decent reaction after saturday and helped by some awful defending buy them. Worries a plenty at the back though and again its down to unforced errors.
4 different scorers is good and still living in hope of a needed couple of deals in the window.

1 Like

A win’s a win so happy with the three points. But agaisnt a better side and better finisher, we could have easily lost that game. Fulham had their chances, far too many clear cut ones for my liking. West Ham, Chelsea and City games worry me coming up. Our defense no matter who plays is crap, better sides will punish us. The game was settled by the fact we have some world class finishers going forward.

I thought Guendouzi was MOTM for me. The guy’s going to be some player. Iwobi and AMN were very good again. Xhaka, still doesn’t convince me at all. He gave away the ball far too much for my liking. Laca and Auba caused Fulham problems.

We will win these games at home over bottom and mid table teams. But the away games and games agaisnt top class teams worry the hell out of me. Kos and Mustafi are not good enough. Bellerin is great going forward but struggles in his defending. Sokratis, can do a job but he’s a squad player for me and we still need two top class CB’s. Monreal is getting on in age. Kolasinac is the same like Bellerin. This defense will concede goals no matter who you have in the team.

Emery has some job on his hands, if he doesn’t get the backing transfers funds and the right buys. He could find it tough to get us into the top 4 no matter challenging for titles.

2 Likes

Good 3 points but we are absolutely wide open at the back. Honestly, I can’t see us keeping another clean sheet this season. What irked me about Fulham’s goals was the way Sead and Matteo were just jogging back into our penalty box when they could see Kamara sprinting right in front of them. Just didn’t show the kind of hunger and desire to defend like they show when going forward, especially Sead. Looks like the problem is not just the personnel we have defending but their attitude to defending.

What worries me most is that we are getting away with it against most teams cause we either out score them or they don’t take their chances and that is papering over the canyons in our defense. I just hope Emery is working on this in training cause something needs to be done, and done soon or we can forget about top 4 for another season.

2 Likes

But you could easily say if we had taken the plethora of chances we had we’d have been out of sight by half time.

Who was your MOTM? Vote :point_right: Man of the Match Thread

1 Like

I can kinda see arguments both sides as far as ‘boo-gate’ goes, but generally I would come down on the side of it’s pretty dumb to boo a manager for making tactical substitutions at opportune moments…when the previous guy in charge was Arsene Wenger :see_no_evil:

10 Likes

With our flimsy defence I would have thought that when you are leading in a game there is no point in keeping on a goal scorer when you could bring on a midfielder like Ramsey who can help break down the opposition attacks.

Like as @Robin_L said, when we have had so many seasons of Wenger’s ineffective substitutions, Emery is at least a change from that.

Pretty much this.

Clownish to boo the decision to remove him. When the sub was tactically sound and resulted in more goals

2 Likes

I thought Laca was playing pretty shit. He was the least impressive part of his goal too. Pretty sure people were calling for him to be replaced before that.