Arsenal Vs Fulham (PL)

:joy::joy:

Decent reaction after saturday and helped by some awful defending buy them. Worries a plenty at the back though and again its down to unforced errors.
4 different scorers is good and still living in hope of a needed couple of deals in the window.

1 Like

A winā€™s a win so happy with the three points. But agaisnt a better side and better finisher, we could have easily lost that game. Fulham had their chances, far too many clear cut ones for my liking. West Ham, Chelsea and City games worry me coming up. Our defense no matter who plays is crap, better sides will punish us. The game was settled by the fact we have some world class finishers going forward.

I thought Guendouzi was MOTM for me. The guyā€™s going to be some player. Iwobi and AMN were very good again. Xhaka, still doesnā€™t convince me at all. He gave away the ball far too much for my liking. Laca and Auba caused Fulham problems.

We will win these games at home over bottom and mid table teams. But the away games and games agaisnt top class teams worry the hell out of me. Kos and Mustafi are not good enough. Bellerin is great going forward but struggles in his defending. Sokratis, can do a job but heā€™s a squad player for me and we still need two top class CBā€™s. Monreal is getting on in age. Kolasinac is the same like Bellerin. This defense will concede goals no matter who you have in the team.

Emery has some job on his hands, if he doesnā€™t get the backing transfers funds and the right buys. He could find it tough to get us into the top 4 no matter challenging for titles.

2 Likes

Good 3 points but we are absolutely wide open at the back. Honestly, I canā€™t see us keeping another clean sheet this season. What irked me about Fulhamā€™s goals was the way Sead and Matteo were just jogging back into our penalty box when they could see Kamara sprinting right in front of them. Just didnā€™t show the kind of hunger and desire to defend like they show when going forward, especially Sead. Looks like the problem is not just the personnel we have defending but their attitude to defending.

What worries me most is that we are getting away with it against most teams cause we either out score them or they donā€™t take their chances and that is papering over the canyons in our defense. I just hope Emery is working on this in training cause something needs to be done, and done soon or we can forget about top 4 for another season.

2 Likes

But you could easily say if we had taken the plethora of chances we had weā€™d have been out of sight by half time.

Who was your MOTM? Vote :point_right: Man of the Match Thread

1 Like

I can kinda see arguments both sides as far as ā€˜boo-gateā€™ goes, but generally I would come down on the side of itā€™s pretty dumb to boo a manager for making tactical substitutions at opportune momentsā€¦when the previous guy in charge was Arsene Wenger :see_no_evil:

10 Likes

With our flimsy defence I would have thought that when you are leading in a game there is no point in keeping on a goal scorer when you could bring on a midfielder like Ramsey who can help break down the opposition attacks.

Like as @Robin_L said, when we have had so many seasons of Wengerā€™s ineffective substitutions, Emery is at least a change from that.

Pretty much this.

Clownish to boo the decision to remove him. When the sub was tactically sound and resulted in more goals

2 Likes

I thought Laca was playing pretty shit. He was the least impressive part of his goal too. Pretty sure people were calling for him to be replaced before that.

His finish was very nice to be fair, Iā€™ve seen Arsenal players miss open goals from that distance to Iā€™m not taking it for granted and neither should you

3 Likes

The boos were just the fans showing support to Laca (and hoping to god he dont leave us)

4 Likes

Thatā€™s why we need CL football back at Arsenal, I canā€™t imagine the likes of Laca and Auba will be happy playing EL for the rest of their professional careers. I think the booā€™s are for taking off our most important player at that time who was causing Fulham the most trouble. Doesnā€™t help Emery, he takes the guy off in every game though.

I donā€™t care who the manager is but you donā€™t sub off one of our strikers when you are at home to Fulham ffs and looking for a win. Emery subs are absolutely wild

But it worked?

1 Like

Really? We put the game to bed after he went off.

Got lucky :wink:

Youre just fanboying Laca too hard tbh mate haha

2 Likes

Nah heā€™s took Lacazette off lots of times and it hasnā€™t worked haha.

Usually for Iwobi and he does fuck all