Arsenal Vs Everton (PL)

talking about muscles.

if anything sead looks slimmer than he used to be
used to look quite a bit more bulky.

only good imo. he can look a little stiff at times :auba:

So
 Can we rely on a moment’s brilliance by our strikers to get us through games like this all season?

No, that would irresponsible of us to do so; this team needs to get better in midfield and defence.

Everyone looks fitter physically, tbh. That’s down to Emery’s preparation.

2 Likes

Will it? I’m not calling for anyone’s head, but I see a lot of the same behaviors that have caused us problems in the past. High lines, sloppy turnovers, etc
 I hope Unai can solve them, but if we have to wait for him to bring in “his” players then we can expect this for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

That’s what I mean; some of the same patterns are very apparent for all to see.

Personally I hope Unai sorts it out before we fall further behind the other teams above us.

1 Like

My two cents on the game:

The Good:

1. Torreira starting and putting in a very lively, energetic performance. Also showed how disciplined he can be after getting the early yellow in the first half. Very impressive.
  2. Cech showing how good a shot stopper he is. One of the main reasons we got all 3 points from this game.
  3. Theo proving we did the right thing letting go of him.
  4. Laca showing why we paid all that money for him. Him and Auba just need a second to make an impact, such is their quality.
  5. A first clean sheet of the season.
  6. Sokratis and Holding put in good performances.

The Bad:

1. Ramsey was anonymous for most of the game, as he has been for most of the season so far. Is always busy but doesn’t do anything noteworthy. Let’s not talk about his assists please.
  2. Auba cannot play on the wings as he just doesn’t have the skill like Henry or Pires. His passing isn’t the best either. This formation isn’t working for Auba at all.
  3. Ozil has to play in the middle, instead of Ramsey. Ozil on the wing is another waste of a player. Emery needs to sort this out.

The Ugly:

1. Mustafi is a fucking liability as a defender. His only approach to defending is to put in a sliding tackle. He is also brain-dead with the ball, making idiotic passing decisions. He will cost us in big games.

Overall, great to get all 3 points but there are big questions for Emery to find solutions for, especially the Ozil/Ramsey conundrum and the best position for Auba cause his talents are wasted on the wings, especially when Iwobi can do a much better job.

2 Likes