Arsenal Vs Everton (PL)

He was good but I’m pretty sure Cech was the reason we kept the clean sheet, not Torreira. We’ve conceded goals with him on the pitch as well this season. Overall I expect that he will keep us more solid than not, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

Yeah Theo still got two (at least) clear 1 v 1 with our keeper and if Theo was a decent finisher or Cech didn’t play it perfectly, we are perhaps talking about a completely different game.

Tbh Theo is a decent finisher from those angles as.far as I can remember. He’d often make that run and place it in the far corner, he’s even done it this season already. We got a bit lucky there, but Cech deserves huge credit.

Honestly the most guilt edged chance they missed was when Calvert-Lewin could’ve easily slipped it across to Richarlison but didn’t even know he was there.

2 Likes

Pretty average performance but a good result, 4 wins in a row is encouraging even if we aren’t playing well.

3 Likes

Good goalkeepers coach?

Luca im questioning how he managed to get so physically big in a few months ? The only way to get that big is steroids - if you look at a before and after picture it is a massive transformation in a very short period of time. He has also recently stated that he is playing for his role/contract which leads me to believe he may have taken them. That said against Everton he looked more like the Chelsea keeper in his prime.

Can’t say I’ve noticed any real physical difference in him…

Have a look at his preseason picture compared to one of last season - you’ll see it.

Maybe the cameraman stood nearer to him this time. I’d be more inclined to go with what I’ve seen on the pitch anyway. He doesn’t look any different to me.

This is a bit of a double edged sword in my opinion. At the end of the day we acquire what we need, points, but good execution of play would be a better indicator for sustaining results.

1 Like

Cech is big for a football player but his build is very easily obtainable with a good diet and training regime. There’s nothing enhanced about his physique at all.

5 Likes

Word.

Does he even lift? :smile:

Bigger? Didn’t notice it, tbh.

Yep, much better to be winning while knowing that the squad can still improve a lot. The run of fixtures is kind for the team to keep improving and pick up points–the Liverpool game will be a good barometer to see if the squad has improved.

1 Like

Cech didnt get bigger the shirt got smaller. He has always had a healthy amount of meat on the frame of his.

That kinda makes sense - if the shirt is that fitted but still he looked dench compared to last season.

1 Like

I don’t know. He looks pretty jacked up from previous seasons.

It wouldn’t make sense for him to pack any more size onto his frame especially not at his age. It would be completely counter productive to his ability and reflexes.

2 Likes

The PUMA tops are just extremely tight as fuck haha

2 Likes

this