Arsenal Vs Everton (PL)

Four wins on the bounce in the league, a goal for each striker with Laca’s being a cracker AND a clean sheet!

I’m a happy man tonight.

Same here, it feels great.

Steady with the language.

Fuck off Geoff you prick. Balls isn’t a fucking swear word

2 Likes

Wow. Was there a deflection?

If not, that is a sexy world class finish.

Laca just said balls on live tv.

Fackin love him

1 Like

Fireworks

2 Likes

Don’t think there was a deflection.

2 Likes

Just saw it from another angle. No deflection. World class finish.

Walcott during that goal though :joy:

Classic Arsenal

Now level with Tottenham in the league. Not bad, after the start we had!

Amazing that we have capitalised on our rivals dropping points, can’t remember the last time we did that!

2 Likes

MY STRIKERS :heart_eyes:

453110fe-6f37-4fe3-ad10-50a41fe94af1

3 Likes

This is what I love. A feel good factor. We’re still not pulling up any trees and a Liverpool, Man City or even Spurs could have a field day against us.

However, if we can keep going and almost stumble into our best possible shape (a la Chelsea in 04/05) then by the time we DO play Liverpool at home, I’m convinced we can beat them (God only knows we’re due against them)

We’ve been getting results and we’re clearly not at an optimal level.

Where Emery finally has the team he wants hopefully this kind of result will be a regular occurrence.

Shout out to Cech, he was immense.

Feel like I will be saying this a lot this season… REALLY ODD GAME and FAIRLY LOW QUALITY FOOTBALL both ways. Game was basically played mostly one way (fairly dysfunctional both ways, a few dangerous counters by them and I would say relatively even play despite us having more (fairly useless) possession - then BANG… wonder strike by Laca and an offside awful execution of breakaway by us… game could have been a draw frankly. Its why those final 3rd moments by great players are decisive and why you pay anything for goalscorer today.

MOTM: toss up between Theo and Cech. Theo for gifting us repeatedly on his typical cul-de-sac run, lose track of ball, knock it out of bounds or gift it to us AND two chances he probably should have scored 1v1.

Cech - 8.5 - MOTM for me… still don’t really like him playing with our defenders and Xhaka back there… puts us under needless pressure too often. But he had some great saves, commanded his area, and really can’t fault him for anything today.

Bellerin - 5.5 - struggled a bit but ok. They were threatening from his side with Digne (why didn’t we look at this guy?) and he still gets lost too often for my liking but did ok.

Papa - 6 - did ok although I am not sure WTF was going on for all their threatening counters and breakaways… I think Monreal was at fault for at least one… would have to look at that again.

Moose - 5 - sighs… really just don’t like this guy - somehow didn’t cost us today but again, seems all over the shop.

Monreal - 5 - not a good game from him and I am a fan… got beaten too often on that side and wasn’t holding the line well on at least 2 occasions… poor game from him.

Xhaka - 5 - not horrible but still gave away needless balls and almost cost us in the first 5 minutes by not being aware and getting caught on the ball - probably shouldn’t have passed to him, but he was lucky to poke it away or it could have been another breakaway… really don’t see why we persist with this player but Wenger and Emery know a lot more about football than I do, so whatever.

Torry - 6 - did ok… he is our only CM with positional instincts when we lose the ball, which makes him invaluable, but he gave it away cheaply too on a few occasions and his long balls weren’t working today. Needs to start, but we need more from him.

Ramsey - 5.5 - meh, he got two assists by miracle (and missed offside call) but was all over the place too… really out of the game for long stretches. He does contribute on offense, but we were so shambolic going forward, not really seeing how he helped that much for the vast majority of the game.

Ozil - 4 - bad game… so much better than this… energy was off, didn’t get open, didn’t affect game and when he probably should have slid the ball in far post, he made a poor pass to Ramsey, which forced an offside situation which we were lucky wasn’t called and Auba finished nicely.

Auba - 4.5 - not a good game either… he gets a goal, but that shouldn’t have counted… not a wing solution and we have a f*ing problem if that is the case… our two most expensive players can’t play on the field at same time without changing formation? Not great.

Laca - 7 - guy just keeps chugging… fabulous goal. Had frustrating stretches, but the guy is key to us right now and he is also a tiger out there… chasing and angrily scrapping… f*ing love this confident version of Laca.

Holding - 6 - not bad… don’t recall seeing him do anything particularly stupid lol so that is huge plus. Their breakaways lessened second half but we still gave away too many chances… we dealt with crosses well though, so I’ll give him the benefit here.

Iwobi - 5.5 - did ok… wanted more from us when Everton needed to go after things… didn’t take advantage.

Welbeck - n/r

Warning sign for me… we could have conceded 2 easily and were lucky frankly… and on top of that we were an absolute mess going forward… also lucky to score 2. Emery, what are we doing? Need more competence as a team soon - I’ll take these results, but things will catch up to us if we don’t start functioning better.

1 Like

Vote for your Man of the Match :point_right: Man of The Match Thread

Yeah don’t remember seeing this side of Laca

Laca BLOOD KLAART Zette. What a finish.

Cech MOTM by a country mile. Proving why he shouldn’t be replaced just yet. The Leno signing has actually brought Cech’s form back up. Saved us today.

I know we were bang average but I’m not too bothered just yet. We are still in Emery’s early stages and the fact that we are getting results is the main thing right now.

1 Like

Best striking duo in the league. Aguero and Jesus can go and fuck themselves, as the fucking eastern london man who can’t even speak properly.

2 Likes

Not a good game, but great to keep the winning habit going and climb up the table. It’s like I said at the start of this thread, we always seem to get a result around my birthday, and it happened again, so a nice early present to celebrate with :kos2:

3 Likes