:tv: BT Sport

• Win
  • Draw
  • Loss

0 voters

Our first competitive game against an Irish team? @shamrockgooner

I’m not 100% but I reckon it is yea.

1 Like

People voting loss… come on, we’re not going to lose to bloody Dundalk!

2 Likes

I know we lost tonight, but come on people we won’t lose this game.

First time we have played a team from the Republic.
We have played a Northern Irish side in Glentoran in 1969.

3 Likes

I reckon there are more terrible Glentoran jerseys than possibly any other side. The colour combination is not good.

1 Like

Another mighty European night to bounce back on

1 Like

Ive often wondered do you get jealous of St Patrick shirts.

I’ve often gone to give the nod to a fellow gooner only to have to quickly revert to thinking what a cunt. Area I live is traditionaly Pats too albeit all of Dublin is green and white really.

Can’t say I’ve ever envied a pats jersey tho.

1 Like

Even though I’m from Ireland, I don’t really follow the league of Ireland. Ain’t Dundalk managed by a couple of Italians without their Uefa coaching badges. They did well to get them into the group stages.

I think we win this but Dundalk won’t be slouches. I think a win here for Arteta won’t matter much to some fans, I think the Utd game is where he be judged. I expect a lot of changes for this game.

Apparently their owners (americans) are interfering in team affairs and have installed a manager who is near 50 that has never managed before and doesn’t have his FIFA licence (has a UEFA one) as a shill. So goes the story anyway.

They have been the dominant team for about 7 years now but look to be at the end of that run. They got a very fortunate run to qualify for the EL. In the play off round they were against a team from the Faroes.

2 Likes

Didn’t they get into the group stages not so long ago. Gave a decent account of themselves.

Few years back yea. Peak of their powers then. Still lost all their games.

Arsenal 3-0 and then we’ll proceed to lose 1-0 at Old Trafford.

2 Likes

Does Arteta have to take this match seriously now since we’ve looked pretty flaccid recently?

Best case scenario is he plays Mustafi and Xhaka for a full 90 and both are too tired to play at United next weekend.

I’ve lost count of the number of times I put a bet on Arsenal scoring three goals when we faced a (supposedly) weak team, just to turn on the game and see us struggling to even create a chance.

So my first thought seeing this thread is “Who the fuck is Dundalk. We probably should win 4 or 5 nil here”.

But then I remember Rapid Vienna.

I’m not gonna fall for this one now.

2 Likes

I confess that I had never heard about this Dundalk team before…
So I assume, it is a win for us right?
We may play bad (again), but this should be a guaranteed win, especially we are at home.

Rapid Vienna, has a lot european games experience TBF. They suck but they are not nobody.

I don’t think if we win this 8-0 or 1-0, it really matters just get the three points and rest a few of the first team. I think the squad players and youngsters will be capable enough to do a job. Arteta will be judged on Utd game rather then this one.

1 Like

Stat padding game as @Electrifying would say.

This is an opportunity to rest our first team players and play the kids and fringe players to give them confidence. One or two might even make a good impression to be in the squad for the game against United. We should have a fitness advantage over United seeing as how they have to go full strength against Leipzig in midweek.