Arsenal Vs Chelsea (PL)

Not to mention the opportunity to make the gap with Chelsea ánd Spurs smaller.

1 Like

There is always a reason: Not winning fecking sucks!

8 Likes

Squad for me should be:

————-Leno
AMN—Luiz—Sokratis—Saka
———-Torreira——————
—Ceballos—Guendouzi——
Pepe——Laca———Auba

Or if more control needed

Torreira—-Guendouzi
————Ozil————

I’d like a Torreira Ceballos Ozil midfield. But can understand why that wouldn’t be ideal.

We basically need a Xhaka, but a fast playing good one.

3 Likes

Ozil is key though if Ceballos isn’t ready.

I take back my original lineup, Ozil has to be in the team.

2 Likes

Aubameyang or Lacazette

Don’t start both.

Ideally its Pèpè Auba Marti

2 Likes

Wouldn’t mind Lacazette starting this time tbh

1 Like

Agreed, his home form is quite strong and he’s aware he had a stinker last match so will be extra motivated to perform having got more match sharpness

Pepe has to start though

2 Likes

Would like to see Pepe start with Martinelli and Auba, but in fairness to Laca he has a strong record in the big games, especially at home and will likely be very up for it.

Sokratis is out with concussion and Chambers is back, so I expect Chambers to return at CB.

I believe Ozil will start and Ceballos will be on the bench.

I think this could be a very entertaining game. I expect Chelsea to really go for it, and our players will try and bring a high intensity from the first minute as Arteta would want.

Arteta and Lampard, two young, driven coaches with an attacking philosophy. I hope we still play with more discipline and intelligence across the midfield and defence so we don’t leave ourselves too open.

We beat them last season here (2-0), we can do it again - but our finishing boots need to be with us this time.

2 Likes

We could actually get within 5 points of 4th place with a win. Dare to dream…

5 Likes

Why wouldn’t it be? Except for fitness reasons.

feel we might get a bit overrun. It’s asking a lot of Torreira to keep Jorginho and Kovacic quiet by himself, but then Ceballos is meant to be quite good defensively isn’t he?

Guess maybe I would Ideally like more athleticism there.

Anyways, Frank on Arteta

:handshake:

Finding it hard to dislike Chelsea nowadays compared to the Mourinho times, which I don’t like since they are a big reason why we are where we are.

5 Likes

Think this will be a tight match but we will edge it 2-1!

Leno

Saka • Luiz • Sokrates • Maitland-Niles

Torreira • Ceballos

Ozil

Pepe • Aubameyang • Lacazette

1 Like

Hard one to predict this, depends on which Chelsea turn up as their form is so all over the place and also on whether the green shoots of Arteta’s approach have developed enough in the week he’s been in charge to really get the team ready for a game of this magnitude. Literally no outcome would surprise me here.

2 Likes

Rise and shine motherfuckers, blue-eating time.

1 Like

1-3 Chelsea.

(And I’m not sure about the 1)

Didn’t ask.

2 Likes

Woke up on t’wrong side of t’bed, have we?

Interesting to see how Arteta lines up in the midfield today. Think we’ll go with something like this:

1 Like

More that I’d rather some positivity. Life’s too serious for football to be a downer.