Arsenal Vs Brighton (League Cup) 1-3

That would be the preferred outcome as it means we would likely be the ones winning the league instead of them

I’m afraid Erik ten GOAT won’t allow it.

Doing everything and it isn’t happening

Watching the meltdown from Chelsea and Tottenham fans online, meanwhile Arsenal fans:

6 Likes

It’s all down to Gabby J’s finishing imho.

To many changes and not good enough on the rb

Arteta’s gonna use “It’s what we have” line in the post match press conference to put pressure on the board ahead of the transfer window. 8D chess move.

5dfcd80202c4b

2 Likes

TETS OOT!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

I don’t think it’s defeatist in the least to say I couldn’t give a fuck if we’re out of the League Cup.

6 Likes

Glad we are out to be honest.

This 2nd string squad sucks man.

The mantra for hale end should now be to sell high on them

Penos at West Pork

What’s funny is Arteta would do a full rotation if we had another CB. :rofl:

All that fronting in his interviews had me worried. Fair play Agent Michael.

2 Likes

Meh

I’ve come around to the idea that there’s really no such thing as a 2nd team. You got backups or scrubs or kids not ready or transfer mistakes that you carry but they don’t actually make up a coherent team unless you’re a state owned club and can actually buy two or three starters at every position.

Yeah on paper we have some depth, in some areas we have a lot of depth. But it’s not gonna look effortless when all those backups play at once. We can’t really play our preferred style without (imo) our starting CBs, Partey and one of Xhaka or Zinchenko.

Hopefully the Board is will to go wild in January. It’s encouraging to hear they may loan Marquinhos. Hell, I’d be thrilled rn if they announced Sambi was going on loan.

1 Like

Hmmm… yeah, still don’t care.

Lets never talk about this game again

1 Like

They went strong. We didn’t.

We have bigger fish to fry.

You know these squad players have had 7 games to show.
That’s pretty substantial game time and no one has proven themselves worth a risk or worthy of cover.
It can’t be ignored and actually needs us needing 2 good signings and at the very least a filler on top.

8 Likes

nothing hindsight, we mostly agree that our 2nd string is just not good enough, for rotation, or for inferior games.
Just hope our starters don’t get injured

3 Likes

Took our greatest manager ever to win this competition @Ashgooner1

Twice

We haven’t won it since.