Arsenal Vs BATE Borisov (UEL Round of 32 2nd Leg) (Aggregate 0-1)

I am not even expecting to win the EL…
There is no positive at all, if losing and got eliminated by Bate in 2 legs… (one game could be a fluke but home and away game… )

Even if we get top 4, I want to see how we get that top 4 position in what way and what fashion.
If we get it because Chelsea and United fuck up badly, I still don’t want him to stay.

Say thanks to the board. I am used to change the manager every season after Wenger left.

Well that would be ridiculous though lol

If he gets top 4 he has to stay, it’s as simple as that. It would make no sense to get rid of him when he’s achieved the main target.

I hope we don’t change him (unless things really go downhill), but I’m just hoping to see some improvement before the end of the season.

1 Like

How I feel basically.

4 Likes

Thankfully the kit is about to get a lot better at least :arteta:

1 Like

As much as I think Emery deserves at least the next window and another season to prove he is good enough, going out to a village pub team after two legs would be unacceptable.

The only way he could get the supporters back on his side would be to finish above Man U and Chelsea and get in the top four, which seems unlikely.

But I think we will beat them quite comfortably at home, on a proper pitch and knowing this our only chance of winning a trophy.

Saying that, if they did beat us, the board won’t sack him anyway, because they know no other decent manager in Europe would touch us with a barge pole.

I don’t know if his job would be in trouble, but his performances in the Europa League as a manager I’m sure is one of the strong points of him being appointed, being knocked out to BATE is nothing more than a catastrophic failure.

3 Likes

On one way, we can say he is unlucky and having so many injured players, not having the players he preferred.

On the other way, we can say he is a manager that cannot cope well with injury crisis, can’t make his team play good when players are not his preferred ones.

Our odds of finishing top 4 are 4-1 and winning the Europa League are 7-1, that would suggest the top 4 is more of a chance in our quest to return to the CL.

1 Like

I’ve been informed Bate Borisov lost a friendly to the Suwon Bluewings a South Korean side 2 weeks prior to our 1st leg, surely lighting can’t strike twice and we win this 2nd leg easily.

I’m expecting a top performance from this side, they let down the fan’s who traveled there and the club. He can’t play with 5 defenders and two holding defensive midfielders. He’s got to play four at the back, and go all out in attack to support Auba. It wasn’t like Bate were world beaters in the 1st leg, one bad defensively mistake from Sead and it cost us.

I think this could be a struggle for us, we don’t trash sides like in past years. I’m saying 3-0, could be a few scary moments with our defense but we will wear them down over 90 minutes. If fit I’d play Ozil and Ramsey, with Iwobi and Miki out in the wings and Auba up front. Stick Torreria in the DM role.

5 Likes

Feeling nervous. It’s the biggest game of the season.

1 Like

Surely this is a game to start Özil. Comfortable home game, against shitty opponents. Let him unlock their defence. We need goals.

1 Like

Mate they lost to K league side Suwon Bluewings a couple of weeks ago, we should shit this in.

2 Likes

Not nervous because it’s fucking Tractor FC if we don’t score at least 4 times I’m gonna be very disappointed

1 Like

Why do people keep saying we play with 5 at the back? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Are you not seeing AMN / Kolasinac’ average positions on the pitch?

I’d say Emery’s introduced at least 3 distinct formation tweaks which can confuse as we’ve been way too used to Wenger’s set in stone formation (up until the last year) but the formation that gets us talking the most is more like a 3-4-3, or 3-4-1-2 when both strikers are used as such. Imo anyway

7 Likes

Emery will still find a way not to play him ahah :mustafi:

Anti Emery PR brigade.

3 Likes

Have a spare ticket for this if anyone interested. Block 15, Row 18 (lower tier) - selling for £35