Arsenal vs Atlètico Madrid (UEL Semi Final 1st Leg)

There’s still a big chance to be had in the return leg guys, come on. They will need to risk it on a few occasions at home and we look very good at picking them off and countering them.

I’m sorely disheartened they nabbed a goal but still optimistic enough that we can get a result next week. I really had no gauge as to how we would fare against them and to be honest, I thought we played brilliantly for the most part. This isn’t like one of those horrible ties against Bayern Munich whereby we are tonked 3-0 and play the next leg as a consolation. Get a goal and we open the tie up straight away.

3 Likes

We’ve done it before, against a better team, with our domestic form completely in the toilet.

2 Likes

@Aussiegooner think ur also kinda mad that Wenger had ur boy Simeone on the ropes and he was spared by Kosh and Oblak :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Thought sleeping on it might give me a bit of perspective or whatever, but I have to say I still feel completely gutted about last night given the circumstances of the match. We really should have won that by more than one goal to nil.

Given their general defensive ability, recent defensive record at home, our dogshit away form and our tendency to be shit against big European sides I’m finding it hard to take any notice of some of the people saying this tie isn’t over (though ofc that is technically right)

To me it feels like a massive opportunity missed and I’m convinced we’ll be going out, that was such a good opportunity to give ourselves a significant advantage going to Madrid and we utterly fucked it.

Whilst the result is mostly down to individual errors (not finishing our chances and Koscielny being a fucking moron) it’s funny seeing people act like that goal had nothing to do with Wenger. We’re one up against ten men with the game almost over and one ball from deep in their half left their best player one on one with Koscielny, that should never happen and absolutely speaks to the way our team is set up, which Wenger clearly bears some responsibility for. It was ridiculous.

9 Likes

Lol Simeone had 1 man less for 80 minutes away from home and came away with a score draw :eyes:

This is the post of the thread @JakeyBoy well done :clap:

I know being down to 10 men had a lot to do with it, but we dominated the fuck out of them, in fact we were dominating this match even more while it was 11 on 11 because they were somewhat adventurous enough to play football with us.

It’s not a popular opinion but I’d much rather play football the way we did today, even though it ended up hurting us in the long run. Watching a Simeone or Mourinho team park the bus and then get a goal like that is like watching Floyd Mayweather fight. Sure it’s an art to do what he does but that shit is boring. Yeah it gets results but meh that’s not the be all end all, it’s really just a gimmick, I can’t even really consider it football.

If Wenger’s side got dominated that badly and got lucky enough to come away with a draw, he’d be getting shit on right now tbh. Btw Being down a man is completely Simeone’s fault.

2 Likes

If Wenger’s side got dominated like that we’d have lost 4-0 as we don’t know how to defend.

1 Like

Meh sorry I can’t get behind boring cheap gimmicky football.

1 Like

Surely you’d love Klopp as manager then ? Plays entertaining as all hell and nothing boring about it.

I do like Klopp, except how he can’t ever win shit, that’s his only draw back. Oh and I like the guy’s character as well. He makes lolpool a lot less hateable that’s for sure. He won’t win the CL though, mark my words.

Instead of being furious and disappointed, someone just kisses Simeone’s ass. Speechless.

1 Like

After a good nights sleep I have also come to the conclusion we’re still very much in this tie.

Underdogs, yes. But I know we can score there, despite their amazing defence. We need a perfect match.

3 Likes

We smacked em in general play that’s what made me in such a furious mood all day at work, I watched until the away goal which made me late for work & then I was cursing every red light on the way.

1 Like

After a good nights sleep, I question why I am an arsenal fan

13 Likes

I’ve woken up still pissed off at us bottling in Europe again. We have no chance at a come back. We’ll do our usual of fuck up the first leg and heroic failure in the second leg.

How we quite managed to fuck this game up I have no idea. We dominated them and then arsenal’d it at the end. Sick of it. Every fucking season.

3 Likes

Then we’ll hire Enrique for 10m per year.

Lol so?

It was fucking infuriating dude, losses haven’t really bothered me this season as I have just been accepting how poor we are. But this mornings ( last night for you) just really pissed me off.

5 Likes

Yeah I’m the same with the other losses I’ve just laughed at how shit we were.

This one was different I believed we could win we were comfortably going to manage it then we fucked it as usual. So soul destroying ffs

2 Likes