Arsenal Vs Aston Villa (PL)

Gone where, the pub?

That will rustle some jimmies

Thatā€™s life. Think they have a lot of faith in Arteta. There hasnā€™t even really been a reliable whisper about his job being at risk.

Fancy super John to score here

Ironically I wanted him sacked this time last year during that horrendous run before Xmas, now that weā€™ve committed it feels like we might as well see out this season with him.

I get itā€™s not ideal for people but when you see Spurs having to hire the likes of Nuno it just doesnā€™t make sense to put in another stopgap type.

We have to try an A list manager eventually.

1 Like

Iā€™ve learnt not trust any of your predictions lol

1 Like

Fine. Iā€™ll just cash in with the bookies then.

I feel like this is finally the game Ramsdale gets an assist.

1 Like

Do own goals count? :grinning:

Of course

1 Like

Iā€™m going to say 1-1 either way.

Villa take the lead but then donā€™t have the confidence to push on and win and invite pressure late and itā€™s 1-1.

Arsenal take the lead then weā€™ll immediately invite pressure and concede at some point.

Irrespective of who takes the lead Iā€™m saying 1-1.

Fixed

Gets a blunder? I feel like that sentence needs a little more fixing mate

I think he is a good young keeper, but not as good as some described here.
He made some good saves, but not something that Leno could not do.

Leno had Holding, Mari, Chambers, Cedric, Bellerin and Tierney (and sometimes Xhaka as LCB) as defenders.
Ramsdale consistently has Tomiyasu, White, Gabriel, Tierney, probably our best 4 as our defenders to cover him.
The contrast is just too much.

Sure we will see him making some erros when the season goes on and we have some injuries at the back.

1 Like

That defence was pretty poor Monday but he still looked pretty good.

3 Likes

No, he wonā€™t.

2 Likes

Feckin hell, I bloody hope soā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s the hope that kills you.

1 Like

Tomiyasu-White-Gabriel-Tierney is just way better than Bellerin/Chambers/Cedric-Holding-Mari-Tierney, in good or bad form.

Also as I said, the saves that Ramsdale made, were not something that Leno could not make.
Yes, Leno had some blundersā€¦ no doubt. I just donā€™t think Ramsdale can be bullet proof for a whole season without making some.

1 Like

I liked Leno too tbf but Ramsdale is younger, better with the ball and actually wants to be here. Itā€™s a big improvement over both Leno and Martinez, and if he makes a few mistakes this season well show me a keeper who doesnā€™t. Great buy any hopefully heā€™ll work his way into being our number 1 for the next ten years.

3 Likes