Arsenal v Stoke (Premier League)

“Get off me you english breakfast cunt!”

7 Likes

I don’t want to end in a jail :ozil2:

Perez will do well to make the 18, let alone the starting XI.

Feels good to say that actually, decent squad depth + in form or coming back towards form.

[quote=“Gunnerpr, post:12, topic:1000, full:true”]
Odds on gunning being banned from entering the Emirates ever again if we drop points?
[/quote]About as likely as Leper banning him again from MDC :henry:

1 Like

I think we will win this game 3-1 or something and it will be similar to the Bournemouth game with the 3rd goal coming up at the death after some nervy moments.

Beaten Stoke every single time at home since football began and expecting that to continue.

1 Like

I’m going to this lads !! COYG !!

2 Likes

Ahh, good memories of this fixture last season, with @JakeyBoy and @shamrockgooner ! :smiley: Let’s hope we can put in another strong performance and send that lot back to Stoke Goddington :ramsey:

2 Likes

Apparently Stoke are going through a bit of an injury crisis at the moment, so we should absolutely capitalise on that and use it to keep building on our momentum.

14 league games, 1 loss. Let’s keep that streak up.

1 Like

-----------------------Cech--------------------
Gabriel—Mustafi—Kosh—Nacho
------------Xhaka---------Oxlade---------
Walcott-----------Özil-------------Perez
--------------------Sanchez------------------

Ox would destroy in central midfield. This is an insanely good team. I’d like to see this against Barca in the semis of the CL when we inevitable make it there. We’ll own their fucking faces, the end.

1 Like

Respectfully, I disagree.

Oxlade would get destroyed in midfield against a team like Barcelona that pass the ball so quickly and press as well as they do.

I like Ox, I want Ox to succeed as much as anyone but to me he is definitely a winger. He doesn’t have the intelligence to play in a CM, especially not with how often he gives the ball away. That would be lethal in a cm position. I think the way we utilise him now is the way he’s best suited.

2 Likes

There was a period where it seemed as though we were conceding every other week from Ox giving the ball away. The hilarity that would ensue from him at CM would slowly turn into lunacy.

With the current squad, the only player suitable to play CM is Cazorla. Both Ramsey and the Ox don’t have the discipline nor the mentality to play the role. I like it better Ramsey there, but not as a permanent solution neither.

The problem is that Ramsey preferred place on the pitch should be Özil’s, so I guess playing him as CM (or winger, even though he doesn’t have the pace for it) is the sole way to play them both.

Who are they missing?

A good fan base and any semblance of a history.

8 Likes

Shawcross is out. He’ll be missed, what with him being so popular with the Emirates crowd…

I don’t think they have any other major injuries other than Geoff Cameron. Arnautovic and Martins-Indi should be back.

I liked this for the sheer enthusiasm.

Something i always wanted to ask and now that Ramsey is not everyone’s favourite anymore, I guess its safe to ask.

Was Shawcross’ tackle really bad or was it an accident?

I never brought myself to watch the tackle again, not because I can’t handle it but that was a sad day watching yet another player & yet another title challenge go down the drain.

The title challenge didn’t go down the drain that day. It was actually a great 3-1 victory which closed the gap to two points and breathed new life into our challenge. If anything the injury helped inspire the team to “do it for Aaron”. It obviously didn’t inspire us enough but a big W nonetheless. Ramsey was far too young and inexperienced to seriously influence the rest of that season so his injury had no meaning for the title challenge.

1 Like

It was an accident.

All this nonsense about Shawcross or Dan Smith going out to intentionally hurt someone is exactly that.

It’s only ever the mongoloids (Stoke supporters) that have wound me up by deciding that, because many Gooners boo Shawcross in pantomime style, they need an equivalent. Then you get the idiot extreme among them that decide to glorify the leg-breaking challenge. That Oatmeal fanzine thing is populated by many of said mongoloids.

It’s actually embarrassing that some of our supporter base ever pulled us down sufficiently into needing to have a fan rivalry with Stoke City, who otherwise are a bit of a nothing club known only for having the windiest ground in the country (true) and the loudest fans (true, if your idea of solid evidence is a one-off decibel recording)

1 Like