Arsenal transfers 23/24

I think this too, especially when we start going ham with out goings.

It’s reasonable to expect with Auba and Lacazette out the door that Nketiah, Pepe, Nelson could all follow them.

I’m convinced when all is said and done we will have 3 attackers brought in- they obviously won’t all be marquee of course and one might even be a loan but still

They want 50m? Fuck out of here.

What happened to 30m?

Ultimately the fee doesn’t matter if the budget is big enough. My fear is that they budget isn’t big enough and we’re going to do something clever like sign Jesus for 50m and resign Eddie on higher wages, a bonus but no fee because it’s cheaper than paying another transfer fee.

1 Like

The net spend merchants would love them to sell Jesus for 50m and buy Haaland for 51m, well run FC :arteta2:

1 Like

Jesus to score more goals than Haaland next season

If Haaland’s body lets him down again it’s entirely possible.

1 Like

Gabriel Jesus at 42m…ummm…hmmmmmm…naaaaaah…yeaaaah…Sigh

You’ll get juicy odds on that

Not sure whether I like that price or not.

Interesting for us?

Call me mad but I’d rather £15m for Jimenez than £40m for Jesus

1 Like

For 15m he is perfect back up for Osimhen and we would only be spending around 100m on the pair.

1 Like

Top striker, but he’s not the same player since his injury sadly.

15m for Jiminez would be the ideal backup striker signing for us, good in the air so you can chuck him on at the end of a game when you need a goal, great finisher and cheaper than we’d find anywhere else. Shouldn’t demand ridiculous wages.

Would mean we could afford to get the best achievable (for us) striker pair for £100m total

1 Like

Jesus at £50m is better value lol. Jimenez isn’t it

As secondary CF I’d prefer Dennis or Weghoust

4 Likes

Good shouts

1 Like

Want a CM
Two strikers - one capable of link up and goal scoring like Jesus, and a target man plan B option for teams that park up.

1 Like

Do either of them have relegation clauses?

Depends how you classify value. If we pay 50m for Jesus we’re not getting another good striker. We pay 15m for Jiminez we can afford anyone who would want to come here.

I like Dennis, but if it’s him and Jesus there’s no plan B as neither are especially good in the air.

I don’t think there’s too much difference to Weghorst in quality, Jiminez better all rounder, Weghorst better target man. Weghorst is a bit younger so probably edges it, but I feel like he’d cost more than 15m.

Either pair would be a little underwhelming (which is fine if they’re cheap), but 50m Jesus and 20/25m for Dennis/Weghorst is 75m, could afford almost any striker for that.

1 Like

None that I’m aware of tbh