Arsenal transfers 23/24

Yep, there were a few links with capable strikers before the window even opened.

Should’ve had one lined up in the event this Vlahovic bollocks was even true, but by middle of Jan pull the trigger on the backup.

1 Like

I’m disappointed in myself now, that would have been some mad 4D shit haha.

Turns out I was being a cunt to @Calum without even really having a strong motive.

2 Likes

Honestly that killer instinct was the most impressive part for me lmao.

In fairness to Calum and everyone else, do we think if Werner went to Pool would he be fluffing his life away under Klopp like he is at Chelsea. I’m not so sure tbh, even with him being hilariously bad for Chelsea.

4 Likes

I thought Werner would be doing brilliantly by now, and I’d have still said that even after his first ten games or whatever it was when it had already started to become clear to most that he was a shit signing. For quite a while I still fancied him to come good, I thought it would click for him and that once they started going in they wouldn’t stop. I’m past that point now lol

1 Like

I dunno. I think Werner under Klopp is a different animal but the Bundesliga man… The Bundesliga is not to be trusted anymore after Sancho etc.

3 Likes

Yeh I agree with you both, this is my real take away these days though

3 Likes

That’s why I don’t really buy into ideas of so and so being proven at this club meaning he could definitely do it at that club.

Werner is written off as a massive PL flop who needs to go back to Germany but in the right environment and right team he may actually thrive.

It’s never really as simple as football fans make it out to be. Obviously if there is lots of data of an individual player succeeding in numerous setups then there’s every chance they’ll carry that over to a new team.

The same goes for Pepe. He hasn’t worked here but has he gone to Liverpool or Napoli what’s to say he wouldn’t have smashed it in a system that better suited his talents? One thing is for sure Klopp gets more out of a talent like Pepe because of how his system rewards direct wingers who cut inside to fashion chances for themselves.

You could go on and on but football transfers are a gamble in every imaginable way.

3 Likes

So many non-football factors also play a part into the football performance.

Veron was only a ‘flop’ because he didn’t settle in Manchester didn’t really have anyone to talk to and that can make all the difference.

3 Likes

Yep. He was a word class player he just didn’t settle in England and people underestimate how important environmental factors are for individual confidence.

2 Likes

I knew you’d come around eventually. PL proven is the only kind of proven :facepunch:

5 Likes

Give him a like and then get the dig in, classic forum tactics. Game recognise game.

5 Likes

What worries me about DCL despite being an upgrade on current options is.

You’re basically going to have to pay a top tier price, for a non top tier striker that’s also injury prone.

He is what mid 20s ? Never hit 20 league goals ? Tipping he’ll cost 70 million and 150k + a week in wages ?

If we get him that’s our investment. Can anyone see him being the focal point of a future title winning team ?

9 Likes

But in DCL’s case it’s actually true. :laca2:

2 Likes

How has Pulisic worked out then. American/Dortmund fraud.:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Not even close for me. When you have a striker at this level they move you on loads or keep you at a level. Rvp his last 18 months here, Shearers early years at Newcastle. Everton are the same rubbish they’ve always been despite him having an above average season last year. That’s all we’ve seen from him so far for me.

2 Likes

100% Agree, but I don’t think beggars can be choosers. It’s a crappy situation but if we exit this window with Nketiah and Lacazette as our forward options. I’m not sure we’re scoring more than 15 goals in the remaining fixtures.

Nketiah absolute dire against Forest and Lacazette that chance last night just sums him up.

1 Like

Ehh, he’s fine. He was never worth the money Chelsea paid but he’s far from a clogger. Needs a move away though.

Not even convinced the first sentence is true.

Baffled as to what people see in DCL bar a good half season under Carlo. If he’d carried that on the fair enough but all I see is more injuries and inconsistency.

1 Like

I’d take Pulisic in a heartbeat, not too long back he was Chelsea’s best player.

Doesn’t seem to suit playing under Tuchel though.

Christ no. He’s bollocks. The original head down speed merchant with no composure. Bottles it in front of goal too.
Classic Dortmund show pony.