Arsenal transfers 23/24

No way. I’ve actually seen DCL play. :grin:

1 Like

English - clogger

Foreigner - must sign

Seems like what people are basing this on

4 Likes

Nonsense. I’ve seen shouts for Greenwood, Toney and Watkins.
Nobody had a problem with them being English.
People have a problem with DCL due to his style and recent injuries.

2 Likes

To keep it real all three have a good degree of bust potential.

Can opt to go for the guy who’s performed in the league to a decent level but there are question marks over whether he’ll be good enough for us.

2 Likes

I’d honestly love to see how we would have reacted to being linked with Jota. Reckon he would have taken a few arm chair scout’s scalps.

1 Like

The deterrent with Calvert-Lewin is the price + his injury record.

1 Like

Jota was a baller at Wolves and many here praised Liverpool for signing him at the time.

1 Like

Yeh I don’t remember that at all

1 Like

I only remember @Midfield_Maestro being big on him

1 Like

Everton are very close to being in a relegation battle, they’re not selling us DCL.

Say no more, that’s why I’m here. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Lol literally went and checked when he signed in the other transfer thread and the reception was lukewarm as fuck, good not great player all over the show.

Only person who actually had his number was @Flexo who said he’d be a Mane type signing.

So yeh.

3 Likes

Bro, trust me.
Also, not surprised @Flexo knows ball, unless it’s about Ronaldo of course. I’ll let that slide though. :rofl:

1 Like

Point is people do tend to look down their nose at EPL signings from lesser teams as Calum says, I’m sure I’ve been guilty of it in the past. Even moreso British signings- go look at the White, Ramsdale threads.

It’s silly though when you use Liverpool as an example they’ve had tons of success buying domestic and I’m sure many people would have had issue with some of their signings that have went on to win them a league and CL.

Absolutely nothing wrong with buying in house.

3 Likes

Found nothing in the Liveprool thread, had to go across to the Other Clubs Transfers Thread.

A few people were big on him, more weren’t. I could direct you towards those positive posts by quoting one of them, but it’s more fun to direct you to that part of the thread using this one

2 Likes

Howler @Calum !!!
See, this is why you shouldn’t trust Calum.

(Shamelessly bigged up Fraser in big 2019)

1 Like

tbf I remember others saying that.

Delivered KT though.

1 Like

Yeah, fairs.

This is kind of my point Jota over Werner looked awful at the time, the same way DCL over Vlahovic is making people use the puke emoji.

I know I never rated Jota at the time or I’d be using myself as an example of someone who advocated signing him.

White over Varane was another one. Nothing ever works out in football the way people expect

1 Like