Arsenal transfers 23/24

By that I meant a team that is far from assured a top four finish season to season and will be playing in the Europa leage at least for another couple of seasons.

We don’t necessarily need to go for players like Buendia now but wouldn’t begrudge the club doing it because he’s the right profile of player we should be targetting regardless.

1 Like

Should get him for 30m.

I’m not sure I would be happy to be paying £30m for Buendia. If that’s the price we need to pay, I’d prefer to keep the money and do the major rebuild in the summer. Very unlikely that Lyon would let Aouar leave as well in January.

Well, I would. The lad’s a baller.
Definitely prefer him over Aouar, Szoboszlai, Sabitzer, Isco, Brandt and all the other guys we’ve been linked with.

You can’t compare Buendia with Aouar - they would play in different positions. If we are sticking with 4-2-3-1 then Buendia would play either in the middle behind the striker or on the right wing. That’s where he tends to operate for Norwich. Aouar would play deeper, most likely alongside Partey at the base of our midfield.

I do wonder if we could knock Norwich down on the price and offer them Nelson on loan until the end of the season and maybe another squad player on loan like Willock to help them with their promotion push.

1 Like

Buendia is a versatile player, don’t see why he couldn’t adapt to playing at CM at all.

Buendia has all the tools to play #8.
He’s a very well rounded player.

girthy?

He’s girthy too.
Is that your thing Mav? :laughing:

lol…that is what comes to mind when someone says ‘well rounded’ and no i dont mean THAT i mean someone is pudgy

1 Like

Why would Norwich sell their most productive player in January when they’re top of the Championship? Is that something that Championship clubs do? It seems like a really stupid risk to take to me.

Buendia’s head could be turned. A club like Arsenal doesn’t come in for you very often.

Wait til Buendia feels the heft of our different knock. Its all over at that point.

2 Likes

Even tho he’s a winger he spends most of his time in the middle of the pitch, he’s basically a 10 as it is.

2 Likes

I think if we bought him, we would be buying him as a No.10. I think he would be wasted playing alongside Partey at the base of our midfield.

Maybe in the long run.

He isn’t going to come to Arsenal and play an entirely new position while also adapting to a new club at a relatively young age.

This isn’t a situation like with Brandt who has been playing in central midfield on occasion for years. Buendia has never played central midfield (Transfermarkt has him with two matches total in his career in that position, both in 2016). He hasn’t even played as a 10 all that often (35 matches), at least compared to the number of matches he has played as a winger (122).

IMO, Brandt would be the much better fit because he could play either as a 10 (if Smith-Rowe is resting or loses form) or alongside Partey.

Bring South American Cazorla regen at Arsenal!

Perhaps but 10’s dropping deeper has become more common in the last few years especially as they’ve been forced to adapt or die.

I don’t think the transition would be as difficult as you think provided he has the requisite quality of course. He’d need a coach that could help him make a seamless transition, not sure Arteta is up to such a task.

Brandt may be a good signing too, perhaps it’ll take him leaving his homeland to fully unlock his potential.

1 Like