Arsenal transfers 23/24

He’d trusted here too which I think for him will be huge but as already said, he isn’t going nowhere, he doesn’t seem like that kid of character.

It will be interesting to see what PSG do this summer though. Messi and Neymar won’t leave without a huge signing coming in. Wonder who they will target?

https://twitter.com/afcsphere/status/1663188143107866624?s=46&t=AXaXFdGpC85RzXwk6DBMgA

4 Likes

Sign them. Sign them all

7 Likes

Maddison over Mount and that’s perfect. He’ll be cheap as chips now

1 Like

Any two and I’d be happy that we’re moving in the right direction. Rice and Gundogan and I’d believe we can match City in midfield.

1 Like

Not sure we’re ever matching their midfield while both Rodri and KDB are there tbf.

Partey and Martiiiiin need to be at their best to even equal those two.

Then they have Foden and Bernardo :unamused:

1 Like

I still think we should be keeping Partey. Yea he shit the bed towards the end of the season but 75% of the season he was fantastic

4 Likes

Partey, Jorginho, Rice, Gundogan, Odegaard is VERY tasty.

Take Gundogan out of that City midfield and I’d back us against Rodri, Silva and KDB. You’re right though Rodri and KDB on top form together is a cheat code.

Source… Transfer Confidential… Not so good at being Confidential.

4 Likes

I’d have Mac Allister/Madison over Gundogan/Mount

Four good players. Gundogan is far more proven than Mac Allister and has that winning experience. Think he’s a lot better and just as versatile.

I rate Madisson more than Mount but think Mount is better in the 8 and as an emergency wide man.

I bought Mount, Caicedo and Rice in Football Manager. They did very well, we won the league. That’s all the scouting needed isn’t it?

6 Likes

How much did you pay for them all? Who did you sell?

If I recall correctly, Partey for £45m, Xhaka for £30m, Holding £15m, Cedric £7.5m, Pepe £25m, AMN £11m and had a clear-out of some fairly valuable but not good enough U21s.

Rice was stupidly cheap in the first season £50 plus add-ons and £15m in installments.
Mount was easy to prize away as Chelsea got docked points in my save due to their debt, £50m-ish and Caicedo was the most expensive at £45m plus £35m in installments.

This was over 2 transfer windows.

Still had money left to get some superb youngsters including Watford’s Yáser Asprilla.

1 Like

Any two of Rice, Maddison, Caicedo or Gundagon would do nicely.

Then a LB and cover for CB. :grinning:

1 Like

Full backs are out of fashion. I think we’ll try to kill two birds with this one and sign a centre-back that can defend outwide.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/afcsphere/status/1663468795736752129?s=46&t=eJpgg6uHWRsStnASv-OePg

2 Likes