Arsenal transfers 23/24

If Arteta is good then that’s a good window, along with most.

If Arteta is shit then no window will be a good one.

No, and it makes Arteta’s statements in January about how the club didn’t sign a striker because they only wanted top shelf quality look very dumb.

1 Like

Who do we realistically think we can sign that’s a top class striker?

Haha how long is a piece of rope, I think having the words Arsenal, realistically and top class striker in any sentence would be impossible to answer

2 Likes

Lautaro is available at a cut price…

Idk. Not my job to do the scouting, right? But if we lose two strikers and replace them with a guy who (until recently) wasn’t known for scoring tons with City, that makes me a little worried about where the goals are coming from.

Maybe Darwin turns out to be a bust, maybe AdL wants £500m for Oshimen, I get that the market is tight at the top. My gripe is more that the club gave an explanation as to why they didn’t do something (even a temporary fix) in January. If you’re going to justify not spending because you want to hold out for better players you cannot come back in August with just Gabriel Jesus as a marquee attacking signing. It’s like the opposite of Highlander. There can’t only be one.

2 Likes

Don’t think the Molina rumours are concrete but personally I’m not a fan.
Wonder what others think?

Molina is good and it helps we’ve got Mari that they want to sign too as he can be used to sweeten the deal.

He’s a good attacking alternative to Tomiyasu

2 Likes

I thought he was excellent in the last Spiderman movie. Brought a real sadness and humanity to the screen.

2 Likes

Found him very meh during Copa America. Never thrilled with him for Udinese either.
Granted, I don’t follow Udinese on weekly basis so I could be missing something.

Regardless, he really needs to get that kyphosis checked. :rofl:

Whoever we are linked with needs upgrading now

Does no CL football mean no more Jesus and Tielemans?

Nah. Think they’re still locked in

1 Like

Tielemans has Spurs and Madrid after him. I could see him snubbing us.
Gabriel Jesus I think is signing with us unless someone strong steps in.

First order of business is rescinding all those contract offers for these back up players.

Fuck 'em.

They’ll have a couple of good games against nobody or dysfunctional teams and arsenal fans will want them back

1 Like

Feels like ages ago that we were the young vibrant team that was going places. There’s cracks on this project which might be fine if we just want to recruit from Sheffield United and Bologna, but might be troublesome if we’re looking at better players.

2 Likes

Now I’m not worried about Jesus being our marquee signing.

We’ll have DCL as our marquee signing. :face_vomiting:

Probably be wearing it

How many players short is this squad do people think.
Bearing in mind how small it is and possible outgoings ,how many signings do we need in all. I’d say bare minimum you need seven new faces.