Arsenal transfers 23/24

Buying Jimenez because he’s cheap over Jesus who we want for our rebuild is the ultimate false economy. Arteta and Edu should be looking at trying to make us competitive again on the European stage -it’s geniunely more lucrative than just being cheap miserable bastards.

Think if we hadn’t been absolute FFP sadists during Wenger’s late reign- if we had spent a little more while still keeping within our means we’d probably not have lost that title season to the Foxes and then subsequently crashed out of the CL for the following 5 or 6 years. When you look at it like that penny pinching probably lost us a small god damn fortune.

The big prizes and all the clout that goes with them is where the real financial sustainability lies. Not to mention someone like Jesus could easily go on to have better resale value than Jimenez down the line-you’ll never see a penny back from the Jimenez deal

4 Likes

haha, remember Ozil…and more recently Auba? iI wish it would be that when a player leaves we shut up about them but it never happens.

1 Like

I take it you haven’t seen him this season?

Because he’s a shadow of his former self, sadly that head injury has robbed him of some ability.

Not the same player

Yeah tbh I don’t watch much wolves, know he has been quieter than normal but that happens to most strikers

One to cross off the list, great news for Napoli

I don’t think anyone has suggested buying Jiminez over Jesus, views have been either for:
Jesus and Jiminez
Or Jiminez and someone better than Jesus

Down to Jesus, Martinez, Nunez as first choice striker options then.
Nunez, Martinez, Jesus is my preferred order unless Jesus is cheaper than what’s being quoted

Every season we get excited about all the top strikers out there and what we generally get is so underwhelming. Just making peace with the fact Nketiah will be our spearhead next season and anything else is a bonus :grin:

1 Like

That leaves out the best option though, buy Jesus and someone better than Jimenez.

If we’re going specially for a striker with a weak skull Osimhen is the superior play and damn the cost

Arsenal target Osimhen: I am staying at Napoli, hope to improve under Spalletti

What he really means is, make me a better offer. :grinning:

A) that would cost close to 150m so doubt we could strengthen anywhere else (which we severely need to do)
B) Osimhen said he wants to stay per the link above

Even if we could afford Jesus and someone better than him, I think one or both of them would then not want to come here, as they’d both want to be playing every week and Arteta will never play 2 up front

This is why we go for Gakpo who plays on the wing but can interchange in that center position. We’d have a wholly interchangeable front line, with focal points against different teams.

Osimhen looks off the table but that was a dream move anyway.

Nunez will probably fetch £70M+ so that’s another move I think is outside our reach.

The problem with Nunez is that we would be expecting him to hit the ground running,but he is far from being the top striker we think he is.
I can see him being a great player in 2 or 3 years with the right development and the right players around him. But he only has to turn it up against Sporting and Porto and his performances against them haven’t set the world alight.
Benfica fans rave about him but most are realistic to his present abilities and if Nunez is sold for €70 million they won’t be too upset, it’s something they’re used to.

2 Likes

I am just glad there are so many options so we don’t have to fight an unwinnable battle like we did with Vlahovic

Fuck any idea of Jimenez. I dont get in any circumstance were he fits in.

5 Likes

Just for reference this is back in January. Have always rated our squad and window, have never been drinking the kool aid that we are a mid table club talent wise. Those are just excuses. We have a top 4 or 5 team and we are performing 5th to an inferior Tottenham squad once Conte arrived. Arteta isnt doing anything ground breaking with his massive big pp goal difference of 11 lmaoooo :eggplant::eggplant::joy::joy:

Reality is this squad could be doing so much better, but under Arteta we dont deserve CL football. Im not the only one whos said it. Our standards are rock bottom atm.

1 Like

Sounds like I found the solution to my insomnia.
Thanks mate.

4 Likes

Try CBD water, it works great. Maybe not legal out there but it will put ur little raw booty hole at ease after being ravaged by tottenham today. I know u Artetasexuals are hurting right now lmaoooooo rippppppp :eggplant::eggplant::eggplant::eggplant::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::skull::skull::skull::woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face:

I think that’s enough Internet for today.

2 Likes

Scored 56 Conceded 45, It’s a good result we have as many points as we do given the fine margins that we’re playing with.

1 Like

Who’s a better backup striker alternative? Assuming Nketiah moves on