Arsenal transfers 23/24

Shouldn’t have done that @JakeyBoy , I’ve just seen @Darkseid say Werner would be a 100m player in his peak.

2 Likes

So what you’re saying is that @Calum bases his opinion like this:

English - clogger
Foreigner - clogger
Scottish - must sign

3 Likes

Unpopular opinion: I’d take Werner or Broja without thinking twice

1 Like

The Scottish are elite to be fair. Need more of them here. Super John McGinn please :pray:

2 Likes

Ahahaha the game is the game

The guy is a mental midget, he’ll probably go back to scoring 30 a season when he’s sold to Dortmund within a season or two

1 Like

Tbf to him, Chelsea surely play much better with him than Lakaka.
Werner’s positioning is underrated.

Loved him at Wolves. Would have him in a heartbeat!

5 Likes

He gets in all the positions but he’s essentially the German Welbeck at this point.

Chelsea thought they were signing a driller, too bad.

1 Like

@Electrifying and @Castiel are joining me under this bus. Get comfy lads

12 Likes

I once said I’d take Barry over Alonso, so really, nobody should ever feel bad about a shout they’ve made, because they’ll never make as big a cunt of themselves as I did.

3 Likes

Were there a lot of people who wanted him at the time on here or did you find yourself one of the few who appreciates him?

I really don’t recall him being well received back then outside a few members who saw his ceiling.

Jake literally sacrificed your ass just to get to me man. In his defense I’ve been badgering him something fierce about his Martinez howler from summer

2 Likes

Had this one pegged from the jump. Got so many wrong I need to take the W’s where I can.

7 Likes

Early days still brehito

Let’s see what it’s saying next season.

To get to you?! There was no dig or bait from me coming your way in this instance at all. I mean, not intentionally anyway haha, I was genuinely using your post as a jumping off point to revisit opinions at the time.

I think you overestimate the Martinez thing, your comments haven’t even registered with me (if you mean recently, that is), I’m genuinely unaware of this. I’m quite disappointed that we’ve apparently been baiting each other and I’ve not even been aware of it lol

Unlike some people on here I’m not stupid or conceited enough to act like I never get things wrong. Put my hands up to that one after a handful of games, moved on, love Ramsdale, life is good.

I like all kinds of shit, not guilty imo :xhaka2:

1 Like

Get this David lad wrapped up and bring me Arthur.

All too late in the window, relying on postponements to disguise how wank they’ve been in the market.

Ah fuck I guess I was giving you too much credit I thought you were slamming me for wanting Werner over Jota which in hindsight was a terrible take, when I was reading through them comments I was half tempted to try and remove my like before you even posted it lmao but I knew it was a year too late. I didn’t post the link to the Jota conversation because I didn’t want to shame about 5 or 6 members myself included. I’m a little dissapointed I genuinely thought that was an impressive 4d move from you.

I know it was just some light ball tickling at the Emi gang after his clanger, nothing harmful, at the end of the day if we can’t live and die by our shit opinions what fun is it even being on a forum.

Like lol’n at everyone who thought Sancho wouldn’t be a fraud.

1 Like

Werner was an awful waste of money from Chelsea, the Leipzig goals fooled them but watching him for Germany you could see he was a bottler.

Found his level against league 1 opposition. Somehow they’ll get 30-40m back when they sell though.

Assuming Vlahovic isn’t happening, I think the best option at this point is to sign someone like Cabral for 15-20m, who can provide a reasonable alternative to Laca for the rest of this season and afterwards likely be the backup to a first choice striker we sign over the summer.

It would be great to get the first choice guy now but I’m not interested in signing the wrong player for huge money just to do something.

2 Likes