Arsenal transfers 23/24

No one is expecting us to replace too many of our players lol… I think there is a very legit argument in all cases to think carefully about investment and either stick or twist given that we won’t have over 100 million gross to spend. It will also depend a lot on who we can shift and for how much.

If we are stuck with Moose, I will cry and it will also mean we probably don’t go in that direction I fear… I can see us tragically going into next year with Sokratis, Koss, Holding, Mavro, and Moose and hoping against hope that Holding comes back ok and Koss holds it together another year (if this happens, that would actually be huge for us). We should loan Mavro out under any circumstance imho - let Monreal be aging veteran who can slot in emergency at CB and LB.

So I think if we were going to spend big on one position it would be wide attacker - Zaha is interesting and maybe not as fashionable, but I can’t say I know enough about Pepe or the rest to compare personally. Fraser looks like a nice option too IN THE EVENT that we do spend on at least one other position.

Can see us spending 40 million on CM and 30 million on Fraser, totally doable with the amount of departures. Then we can buy a starlet or two as well for 10-15 more and with a sale or two (Chambers, El Neny, etc.), we will come out net just under 70 million, which sounds about right, and our wage bill should be lower with all the big departures.

Other x-factor is Ozil - I assume he stays, but if he goes, lots could change. I suspect we are stuck with Xhaka.

These posts like benge just piss me off it’s all to wind up the fans ‘where did all the money go’ ‘we will only get one player in the summer’

It is anfucking crock of shit they know fuck all of what the club or Emery is thinking they don’t know the transfer budget or anything all they keep on doing is harping back to the fucking Jan window when we said there was no money to be spent. There was money anemia money but were restricted by wage rules but when we get shit off our books we will have room to move and even if there was money and none of that stuff was an issue maybe they were saying money is an issue because they didn’t wanna spend in Jan because they can’t spend in Jan buying expensive dross and commit the same stupid acts we do all the time and we want a clean slate. We will be spending in summer and I reckon there will be at least 3 decent signings coming in.

Zaha has been the main man at Crystal Palace now for what 3 seasons? He’s been ok but still not great. Would not want.

1 Like

What is wrong with what he said. He just said we are interested in Zaha. Which I believe is probably true tbh like the Fraser rumours. I think we will get one of the two. Don’t see why you got so mad

1 Like

Did you not read that he said that says will be the entire transfer budget…read between the lines

Wouldn’t mind Zaha, although he’s not near the elite bracket and for the price Palace would want for him (circa. £50M), you would rather go the extra mile and sign someone like Pepe who looks to be £70M-£80M.

Would certainly go for Maddison if we’re being skimpy as that allows us more funds for the other areas.

Was considering it a while ago but realistically, no. Unless Zaha can help lower his price enough then I don’t see it being wise going big for him. There are other players out there at a fairly young age as well that could come for less.

1 Like

Jokes. Zaha is not going to go for 70/80 million. Any director or manager who buys him for that fee needs to get smacked in the face.

9 Likes

I can’t see us off loading any more than three or four players and the ones that do leave will probably be the players who are at the end of their contracts.

Players like Mustafi will have to stay because as a first team regular he is useful as cover.
To replace all the players we want to get rid of, which is about ten or more, won’t happen because as a club we can’t afford to buy that many players.

I think we will get a decent, experienced CB, a top quality winger and a cheap version of Ramsey, with possibly four fringe players leaving.

Anyone thinking there will be a massive clear out of the dross, and more than one top quality player coming in, seriously needs to have a look at our transfer history because we don’t do upheavals at this club.

As cover for who? The tea lady?!

Players like him, who are a complete liability, are not useful in the slightest. Would rather play with 10 men than have him as cover!

2 Likes

I mean Cech’s retiring. Lichtsteiner & Jenkinson’s contracts run out (If I’m correct?) Welbeck’s contract runs out (Although I like him) That leaves what? Mustafi and Elneny as definite dross that we need to sell? Very achievable and I would disappointed to see any less.

So would I, but Emery still picks him to start more games than nearly any other CB at the club.

It’s not an ideal situation but unless we are going to sign two starting CB’s because, let’s face it, Kos can’t really be relied on to not get injured, we have to keep him as cover.

Yeah the situation is quite rubbish. So many holes to fill, most of which will just be taped over. But a CB should absolutely be a priority. Plus we have Holding to come back in, who, with every game missed is edging ever closer to Maldini level!

2 Likes

Cech is retiring and I have my doubts about Martinez. I think we should try getting Pope in from Burnley. He was fenomenal last season. Could be a fairly cheap buy considering they have Heaton, Hart and even Lindegaard.

1 Like

I reckon we will do somethign like that, but how much will we need to spend here? Leno is clear #1 now and I can’t really see us spending much here with all our other needs. Is Martinez really that bad?

He’s been getting MoTM for reading in basically evey game. If he’s happy as #2 I’m happy

1 Like

LB, CB, CM and maybe keeper (I’ve no idea how Martinez is doing on loan, but from what I’ve seen before, I’m not keen) are must address positions.

We’re currently relying on (or are one injury away from relying on) Mustafi, Monreal, Kolasinac and Elneny.

I’d take Sokratis type deals to solve issues like Mustafi if we have no imagination and don’t want to spend, but we can’t go into another season relying on these chumps with no attempt to fix the problem.

PALEAAAASEEE for once in your miserable fucking lives DM be true

2 Likes

Pope is better than Heaton and Hart though. And he is 5 years younger. I’d imagine he’ll be the one they want to keep.

I’d be happy with him as number 2 also. As long as it’s a stuart Taylor never plays scenario.