Arsenal transfers 23/24

Well, iirc, both Saka and ESR were not fully fit around those two legs with Villareal, and in my opinion Arteta contributed to that, particularly with playing Saka every match prior to some niggles/knocks, being short sighted and not building in rests here and there. The squad management was poor, with underplaying of Martinelli. This season is going to be different of course, not being in any European competition.

1 Like

Problem with potential is it has no bearing on how we look on the pitch right now. Saka has of plenty of potential but his base level isn’t high enough without it hurting. Likewise ESR.

Thats why I say putting too much responsibility on them is part of the problem. They aren’t ready to shoulder that kind of task. There’s going to be a lot of growing pains.

5 Likes

5 Likes

:morocco: :morocco: :morocco:

2 Likes

If true, and that is a big assumption, it shows interesting bypassing of Edu by Arteta. It would fit with the leaks put out that Arteta was big on Ramsdale while Edu was not, etc. Not a fan of Edu, but I don’t want Arteta diminishing the Technical Director role over time with politics. He does not deserve having the centralised power Arsene had at his peak, it would be wrong.

1 Like

Is he that good though? Or is he Chamakh v2.0?

He’s a good player, different profile to Chamakh and is getting better year on year.

I’m not sure that he’s a “big club” striker though which is what you’d want to replace Aubameyang with ultimately.

1 Like

If we could get him plus one other I’d be happy. I don’t really rate Lacazette at the moment but we need to be thinking about replacing both strikers sooner than later.

It’s a shame we couldn’t find anyone to buy Lacazette in the last window and he’s going to run down his contract.
Considering he and Aubameyang cost 110m between them, it looks as if we won’t be getting anything back for either of them, when we sell them.

1 Like

:pray:

Made his debut for The Netherlands just a few days ago.

3 Likes

Yes please

What’s his profile as a player? Position, style of play and shit like that?

He played like a wide left forward against PSG. We need a striker to replace Auba / Laca over the next 12 months.

Unless he is also a natural CF, he doesn’t appear to be what we need. Did display a high technical level in that reel and certainly doesn’t lack in confidence. On the other hand, his shooting looked really weak.

2 Likes

Ball movement like Neymar in that clip.

Right-footed, left winger. He’s 22 and currently plays for Club Brugge. Called the ‘new Neymar’. Very confident dribbler of the ball as the tag would suggest, and moves with speed. Able to go past his man on the outside.

Raphinha of Leeds is who I’d compare him to, but dribbles a lot more and has cuter touches.

1 Like

Its a Lang shot we get him in January but you never know

9 Likes

All hype, he will be Languishing in Eredivisie for a long time

Noa chance we will buy him.

3 Likes

I don’t like his face