Arsenal transfers 23/24

Yea, that’d be nice but it’s not going to happen. The window lasts as long as it lasts and these things invariably run to the last minute. For almost every club.

If we act with the speed urgency we did with the White transfer, then getting a starting AM. CM, RB and back up GK before the end of the window, will be easy.

The board were under a lot of pressure, after the worst season we’ve seen in the PL, and they really have delivered with the signing of one of Europe’s elite defenders.

I underestimated how quickly and decisively we could get things done.
it’s clear that, when under pressure, the board can perform with the lightning speed and efficiency you would expect from a top club.

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

We can cross CAM off our list. Ain’t gonna happen.

2 Likes

The bookies have us clear favourites to buy Maddison so there must have been a significant amount of money being put on this transfer to happen or that have more information than we do.

There is no reason for it not to.
We need him, he would come here, Leicester would sell at the right price and if we don’t, we will be going into the season worse off than last season because we won’t have Odegaard.

If the board are really serious about backing Arteta and they want to get the supporters back onside they could, and should, make it happen.

1 Like

So you think a CAM is more likely than a Partey Partner? Or we can sign both, just maybe of varying quality?

I think Arteta should prioritise a top level attacking midfielder because that’s the position we are clearly lacking quality in.

Odegaard was good for us but, like our other forward players, he lacked goals so a dynamic, goal scoring play maker like Maddison is what we need.

Without Cellabos, Xhaka and presumably Torreira, we do need another CM to partner Partey.
But with White already costing us 50m, is Arteta really going to spend similar sort of money on another defensive player when we’ve been desperate for quality in the AM position since Sanchez, Ozil and Cazorla were here?

If we only sign one more player, it has to be an AM that is going to take us to the next level.
We simply can’t go into next season with our attacking midfield weaker than the last.

3 Likes

He would be.

Why did we prioritise the £50m for White and send Saliba off on loan again, instead of using that money on Maddison though?

Are we that serious about getting him? I dunno.

6 Likes

I’d prefer ESR to not be in that role on his own, but not as much as I’d prefer to see Bellerin and Xhaka replaced by actual good players. Another good attacker is something we probably do need to have and then fuck off Willian, but it certainly isn’t my number one priority and I won’t be heartbroken if we manage to plug all the other holes we have and this becomes our biggest problem. Especially while right now all the players we supposedly want don’t appear to be for sale.

3 Likes

Arteta sees that RCB role as absolutely pivotal in his system. It’s arguably the most important piece because that is where our attacks are born (or more commonly die).

With Luiz gone, Arteta must have been desperate for a similar player.

I agree with you though - overall, Maddison would increase the output / ceiling of this team more than White.

We need both tbh

I’m sorry but all that justification does is make me think even more that Arteta is just a moron.

5 Likes

Holding is woeful my dude, imagine starting him all season regardless of who is manager. At least White’s potential is unknown.

4 Likes

White is decent I’m not mad about us signing him apart from the fact that Saliba is miles better than Holding and could do whatever deranged shit Arteta wants from his RCB, is the one that’s banished.

And Saliba isn’t £50m worse than White I’d imagine. If we get White but can’t afford Maddison as a result, is that a good outcome?

Or should we have persevered with Saliba as a starter and used the money on Maddison?

1 Like

I am here you know :bellerin:

2 Likes

We have the finances to do what ever we want within reason. If we don’t sign Maddison it’s not because we spent all our money on White. The club’s weird that way.

Not to mention we have a ton of outgoings this year, AMN, Xhaka, Bellerin, Willock will all add up. Even better if we can add Laca to that list. The money’s going to be there, the will and desire is another story.

1 Like

No idea if this is true but what a shit offer if it is.

Sums up the structure of that league.

9 Likes

They are absolutely shameless, for bog standard transfers they be like

17 Likes

The 20m in June 2023 is the best part. Almost 2 years away, fucking jokers

I hope for Sassuolo’s sake they just tell Juve to fuck off. Poverty offer fucking hell

1 Like

Juve’s finances are a real mess, all sorts of bad shit coming home to roost.

They are anticipating losing 320m euro from 2019-2022.

They can’t shift any of their high earning players.

They still have big transfer obligations in future years, like paying for Chiesa.

They have a ton of players out of contract next summer and set to leave for free, including both Dybala and Ronaldo, and Morata will also go back to Atleti then. They have basically no attacking players other than Chiesa and Kulusevski to plan around beyond this year and will obviously need to drop major coin in the future on that.

Sassuolo will probably bend over in the end but it really does make me wonder whether there is a chance Juve just can’t come up with an offer that is remotely credible.

4 Likes