Arsenal transfers 23/24

I really don’t expect us to sign 5 players personally. It’ll be 3 more on top of Lokonga, Tavares and White imo.
Striker is heavily dependent on Laca.
There’s also the off chance we sign a RB if both Bellerin and Ainsley go and the right opportunity is there. My money would be Adams from Leipzig.

1 Like

I don’t know who these five signings will be, but I can see why there is so much action in this forum focused around the Maddison thread. Without him it is quite likely there won’t be much to excite/convince we are well set to get back into EL, let alone in the mix for CL spots. That’s going on immediate improvement to the starting XI and squad, not potential longer term with the additions.

That said,.fine margins change a lot in the PL, so it doesn’t necessarily have to be a massive improvement in the squad to climb positions, for example changes in managerial approach can make an impact also, as well as one year on for Saka, ESR, Gabriel, etc. making existing players better also.

1 Like

Tbf outgoings are of primary importance as well. 2 out of the 3 in as top signings and that’s as much as you can wish for.

1 Like

I wasn’t keen on it at first but I am starting to warm up to the idea of freshening up our side with predominantly U25 players. We’re building a core that will only get better.
Very likely what Artera and Edu have sold to the Kroenkes for them to be willing to invest. The assets have longevity. Even if Arteta and Edu go, those players can be moved on. Very key to get the contracts right though.

1 Like

40 days.

Cheers for the summary mate

6 Likes

5 additional signings sounds positive and hopefully he means after we complete the Ben White transfer.

Outgoings sound positive as well. Hopefully things will pick up in the next couple of weeks. Central midfield is the key position for me atm that we need to address next. We are clearly going to move on from Locatelli and I was hoping we would move to Aouar…Neves lnks are strong though.

I’d love Bissouma at Arsenal but do wonder if they have just decided that two African players is just too much of a risk given our midfield would be weakened significantly during the Africa Cup of Nations.

Still have a funny feeling about Odegaard at the end of the window…

Lot of our goings is interesting. I wonder if Martinelli will go out loan, could be a coup for a EPL club to have him for a season.

Hope these clowns manage to get rid of Lacazette, bellerin and Xhaka.

And leave it too late to get anybody new in. Ideal scenario for the long term health of the club.

You don’t think another manager would be interested in a player like Maddison?

Five signings? Ok.

I’d be very upset at that. It’s also bad PR for Arteta.

You think Martinelli will see a lot of minutes? I’m not sure he can sit on the bench for another year, he needs to be playing football. He’s already behind Saka, Pepe, ESR.

I’d loan him to an EPL side and see what he’s really made off playing week in week out.

1 Like

This is actually a valid concern. I think it’d be one of those scenarios we’ll consider late in the window once our business is more or less done. I’m sure a lot of clubs will knock on our door for him.

Yeh they’d be crazy not to he’s one of those loan products that would actually be exciting for an EPL club, I reckon we could probably get a reasonable loan fee for him too.

If we were in Europe I wouldn’t condone it but it’s a great opportunity to see how good he really is.

Would be immensely dumb to met him go on loan. So yea, can see it happening.

3 Likes

How so? If he wasn’t getting games last season when we had more games and presumably a weaker squad when the transfer window is finished, how much do you see him featuring this year?

To me the dumb approach would be to let the kid stagnate at the training ground and essentially tank his value and growth Saliba style.

There’s still the FA cup, there’s still substitute appearances and there’s always dips in form or injury concerns over the season. Plus Pepe is going to AFCON.

Edit: He wasn’t getting games because he wasn’t fit at the start of the season and Arteta is a moron. We’ve fixed one of those issues at least. I suspect we’ll fix the other by Christmas.

Pepe going to the African Cup is a fair concern but all those other points were relevant last year and they didn’t help him find minutes.

Dunno, up to forehead to figure that out. He can either make it here or he can’t. A loan won’t prove shit just like basically no loans ever do. We can’t solve every problem we have with a loan.