Arsenal transfers 23/24

Kaio Jorge anyone

Jorge? Arsenal? Sounds about right.

1 Like

Been watching highlights of this young Brazilian player called Jean Pierre. Guy looks like a beast, love his technical ability and the way he passes the ball, reminds me of prime Ozil only he seems more physical. Was hoping that fraud Edu would try and pick him up, he could definitely be our creative outlet.

1 Like

This is a Jean Pyerre fan account.

Get it done Edu.

1 Like
1 Like

Hereā€™s some salt for those wounds we opened last night

2 Likes

Would he be a decent Leno replacement?

Ā£35m? Nah youā€™re alright thanks. For Ā£35m Iā€™d want Bricker Berge!

2 Likes

Letā€™s fucking go!
Having to do with Fekir, Luiz and Joelinton. :facepunch:
None is gonna stop us now. Norwich, Watford and Brighton better watch out.

3 Likes

no matter who we bring in we are gonna be crap with these brainless tactics. We could have a frontline of Messi CR7 and Neymar but be averaging 1 goal every 2 games because all these freaking dickheads do is pass backwards and sidewaysā€¦guess what tards the freaking goal is in the FORWARD position
not sideways or backwardsā€¦absolute turds.

1 Like

Might not be the worst thing that we canā€™t piss 50m up a wall this summer as has become our annual tradition. Might lead us to working smarter in the transfer window? Maybe a silver liningā€¦

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m thinking. I could have seen us paying Madrid or Lyon 40-60m for Odegaard or Aouar respectively.
I could have also seen us spend the whole summer chasing Grealish when we canā€™t afford him.

1 Like

Theyā€™re not going to put more effort into identifying talent because the budgets are lower, theyā€™re just going to get more Willians on frees and Ceballoses on loans rather than Gabriels on transfers.

1 Like

Weā€™ll have funds, and from what we gather they already did their homework on who theyā€™re considering to sell and buy.
There are many smart buys out there that donā€™t even cost that much.
If anything this prevents us from getting overconfident and pay 30-40 million for Bissouma or Berge when we have Guendouzi and Willock already here.
Arteta will have to do with Saliba. He certainly canā€™t get away renewing Lacazette or even Luiz with their massive wages. Inter are asking for 60-70m for Hakimi per Romano. This club is stupid enough to waste a whole summer on 1-2 players that weā€™ll ultimately overpay and then realize they werenā€™t worth that.

Arteta gets his preseason finally. Time to put up or shut up. He keeps saying he has to look in the squad before looking at the market.
He has no excuse not to integrate the likes of Balogun or Azeez now.

2 Likes

I think a season of 38 league games without Europe to manage as well is just about one of the only silver linings I can find in this. If that means our recruitment is limited to promising players from further down the league who fancy the opportunity to get to the next level if we do well Iā€™m ok with that. Also, we spent 30 million on Saliba, we have to get some return on that and most signs are heā€™d be an interesting and possibly exciting addition.

3 Likes

Ceballos on the cheap

1 Like

Not at all surprising that weā€™ll have limited funds, with no European football on the menu.

Question though; given that the recruitment of Arteta has gone completely pear shaped, and KSE are responsible for his appointment, is it deemed fair as a fan to expect some injection of funds on KSEā€™s part in light of all of this?

Weā€™ve heard the line trotted by Arteta that transfer funds depend on European football. They have ā€˜transfer listsā€™ based on if we qualify for the EL or not.

I personally donā€™t care that we canā€™t attain expensive targets, I believe itā€™s down to a manager to get the best out of whatā€™s given to him.

6 Likes

I quite fancy the idea of a few hungry ā€œlesserā€ players who will take the opportunities the likes of Willian and Xhaka get handed for free and run with them.

Under a new manager of course. Nothing we do matters while Arteta is here.

8 Likes

I donā€™t think that solves anything. Welbeck, Coquelin, Elneny were all hungry lesser players. Xhaka works hard heā€™s just shite. We need quality.