Arsenal transfers 23/24

He has.

He’s had the club bent over cheeks spread for a while now.

3 Likes

Inferior Danish model on a 6 month rental before trading up to a prime Norwegian* it is I guess.

*Probably won’t trade up. Will go for somebody who attended one of the assistants’ kids’ birthday parties. And stay shit.

2 Likes

Do people think he can accommodate a creative midfielder in this system and get anything out of one.
I can’t see any point or any solutions in the transfer market if we continue with this formula.

8 Likes

Until everything stops going through Xhaka it really doesn’t matter what we do. He’s a one man wrecking crew when it comes to the transition from defence to attack.

Should Partey displace him consistently then perhaps a creative would solve our issues.

3 Likes

I agree,
I’d rather wait until Arteta goes and then when we have a competent manager he can go and get the creative midfield player we need.

Trusting Arteta to go and get a top quality playmaker, that he probably won’t play anyway, it’s just a waste of money.

4 Likes

Not backwards but sideways. Why take so long?

Awful. I don’t know how much is Arteta’s stupidity and how much is Xhaka but I always see this and it’s always awful.

4 Likes

I agree but I still think adding good creative players to this starting line up can only be a good thing, even if we stick with Arteta and this “style of play” we’ll be marginally better off for having a good attacking midfielder playing.

Which shouldn’t be misconstrued as me saying that I really want to see Arteta be trusted to identify signings and see us lay out big sums on that basis.

But Emil Smith Rowe is literally everything that’s creative in our midfield at the moment, so I do think we’d get something out of signing an attacking player.

3 Likes

It’s interesting because some of the targets we are linked with make me wonder on this outlook.
If we somehow ended up in the summer with an Allegri would Buendia be someone he would want or players from Brentford or a Brighton midfielder.
I mean a top proven player obviously im with you but im weary of stockpiling potential or project players who I don’t think will change much now or be what a potential new manager wants. Just as importantly im worried of the impact of using up funds that might be needed for a new manager.

2 Likes
1 Like

I wouldn’t sweat that. Arteta isn’t going anywhere even though he probably should.

1 Like

Arteta is going to succeed at Arsenal. Edu is going to get some good business done for us again this summer. Gabriel and Partey were both excellent signings…what makes you think that Arteta and Edu are not going to repeat that this summer, especially with more money available.

1 Like

Who do you guys reckon the big target the club is interested in for the summer is?
My gut feeling says Grealish.

1 Like

I still think we will go back in for Aouar. Reports said Arteta and Edu were very keen on him. Also think Bissouma is a very good shout too.

Grealish is good, but it would take a shit load of money to get him…£70-80m? We could get Aouar and Bissouma for that money. Still think we need a top quality right footed CB as well.

Just seen a recent comparison of Bissouma and Guendouzi and their radars are almost exactly the same, except Guendo is a much better progression player and Bissouma makes more tackles (same amount of interceptions btw). Guess it depends on what we need but it would be so like us to lose our young prized asset and then spend money on an older less promising player. But we are Arsenal so I can see us doing this sadly.

3 Likes

I thought so too but we heard a while ago that the club had concerns over Aouar after scouting him recently.
I think the club will go big for their next target. Auba/Ozil type of deal. They’ll pay big for known quality.

1 Like

Low-key don’t want us to sign Bissouma as I’ve had enough of these overly defensive double pivots.

3 Likes

I definately want us to concentrate the money we have on 2-3 top quality players. We can’t complete all of the recruitment we need to do this summer, so I want us to prioritise in key positons and get quality over quantity.

I think a Bissouma - Partey pivot would be a very strong midfield. Both are similar type of players and are good at getting the ball forward. Having these two in front of a strong defence would mean we could seriously press high up. If you then add a quality No.10 we will be in business! 4-2-3-1 is a strong formation and will bring us success if we are able to recruit the right players.

2 Likes

I’m just desperate for a singe pivot with two advanced midfielders in front of him. :rofl:

1 Like