Arsenal transfers 23/24

Arsenal transfers ins and outs for the summer window, with one week left for possibles such as Kola to Turkey.

Lists look voluminous, but many permanent outs are not first team players. Shameful really the transfer outs that had to fall back to loans instead of permanents.

This window is like having a wall with gaping cracks that make it weak and rather than fill the gaps with something solid to make it stronger, they’ve just bought the most expensive wallpaper to cover it.

1 Like

Just give us €20m and take him. Nobody wants McKennie lol

9 Likes

FIFY.

2 Likes

He sounds like he’d be exactly the kind of player Arteta and Edu would want.

Just watching Sky Sports and they’re saying Martial has absolutely no future at United now, would you take him as Laca’s replacement ?

Nope, didn’t even want before he went to United, certainly don’t want him now. Dude’s a fraud, has his moments but he’s more often fraud than not.

8 Likes

Well we brought in Welbeck from them. Who was another striker who can’t score more than 11/12 . To be honest maybe harsh on Danny he was a shit finisher and a poor football player but at least he worked hard and has movement off the hall. Martial is/was the biggest hype job in football. No movement off the ball and has poor positioning and work rate.

There’s something there ability wise but his mentality is very suspect.

2 Likes

No, because this next CF signing needs to be a replacement for both Laca and Auba, with Auba entering his twilight. With Balogun and Martinelli upcoming there is room for one CF signing for long term with those two, not two signings, so should be top quality with low risk.

2 Likes

No he’s worse than Laca

Absolutely not. As Eddie’s replacement, yes, but not as the striker we expect loads of goals from.

I’d rather we stop scavenging Clelsea’s and United’s garbage

3 Likes

I agree.
If players like Sylvestre, Welbeck, Mkhitayran, Cech, Luiz and Willian, aren’t enough to realise that buying Man U and Chelsea cast offs is a waste of money, then nothing is.

2 Likes

Martial has just been handled badly genuinely think a good manager gets something out of him - more so than his current end product.

Nah Martial doesn’t deserve his hype.

Right now our left wing options are Saka and Martinelli (assuming ESR and Odegaard battle it out for the #10 spot/Odegaard plays as CM)

Saka is being relied on too much for his age, and it doesn’t look like Martinelli is ready for regular first team football. Plus Saka can play elsewhere on the pitch anyway.

Also Martial is a better goalscorer than either, which we currently only have through Auba (when on form), and Pepe.

So if we brought him in to play #2 striker to Auba and rotating LW with Saka I’d be OK with it (if a cheap fee and reasonable wages)

Of course I’d rather just get a top quality striker, but hard to do without CL and megabux

You’re right we need a LW but I’d hate it to be Martial. He wouldn’t move he needle for us at all and he would come with a real chip on his shoulder, it would be Mkhitaryan all over again.

2 Likes

I think you’re doing what Arsenal scouting did for years in terms of technicals, versatility, etc., but none of that tackles the mental aspect. Does he have an edge, drive, can he be clinical, can he be a difference maker in big matches sometimes in hostile away environments, etc. I think we’ve seen enough at United where the killer edge as a ruthless striker/forward isn’t going to come. He might have purple patches here and there, but that’s about it.