Arsenal transfers 23/24

PED

Our front three must be on PEDS :fire::fire:

4 Likes

IIRC LVG wanted him to do loads of tracking back as a winger and he lacked pace too. I think heā€™s more of an inside forward or CF and a bit of a luxury player. The lack of pace does concern me though

Do you think Auba and Laca fees would net out with the fees for Edouard and Depay?

I guess weā€™d want to add to the dream world that we got Partey in midfield and a CB in defence as well.

1 Like

It could happen because we should get around 50m for Aubameyang and 30m for Lacazette and if we can get Mustafi, Sokratis and Holding off the wage bill, as well as their transfer fees, we could afford Partey and possibly Upamecano as well.

This would sort out the problem of Aubaeyang running down his contract and Lacazette not being good enough, as well as the DM and CB positions.

But this is Arsenal so filling all the gaping holes in one window, with similar or better quality players, isnā€™t going to happen. :grinning:

1 Like

We should get more for Laca. Both United and Chelsea got big fees for Lukaku and Morata despite underwhelming stays.

2 Likes

Issue is Lacaā€™s market is non existent.

Canā€™t see atletico dropping major cash on him in this climate

4 Likes

Lukaku in hindsight was miles ahead of the other 2 and it was unfortunate that he was mentioned in the same breath.

Iā€™d take Depay for sure.

Iā€™m thinking more and more that we should shift Lava AND Auba ASAP.

1 Like

We might but Aubameyang is at the end of his contract, after next season, and Lacazette isnā€™t really showing that heā€™s worth much more.
They are also quite old for attacking players and their wages will put a lot of clubs off.

I think if Aubameyang goes, it could be a big club but Lacazette is more Everton level and he can join all the other ex Arsenal cast offs there.
Or he could go to the other club most of our former attacking players end up at, West Ham, if they stay up.

We should be biting someones hand off for Ā£30mil for Lacazette.

Difference between him, Lukaku and Morata is that the others at least have some upside. Lukaku while not being a top tier striker is at least a 1 in 2 guy.

Lacazette wonā€™t cut it in the PL anymore and his best days are seemingly behind him. Getting that kind of fee plus what we can get for Auba would mean a decent chunk of change to reinvest in the likes of Edouard and others.

3 Likes

Depay would be a gamble, only proved himself in the french and dutch league

Good lord, and Iā€™ve mentioned how I donā€™t like this cat before. Please, not Depay.

Thatā€™s true, but Lacazette is 29, how old were Morata and Lakaku when they got sold for those big fees ?

4 Likes

Yeah, Lukaku and Morata were at the ages where they might be considered to still have room for growth/improvement, potential to be fulfilled etc, canā€™t see it being similar for Lacazette.

1 Like

As long as we donā€™t stick Ozil after Depay, it should be fine.

Thatā€™s a good point. I forget that this shitter is 29 sometimes.

2 Likes

1 Like

I donā€™t want any more players from Lille. The last two we bought have taken years off my life.

2 Likes

Have I been wrong my whole life? I always thought when someone said something has taken years off them they meant it makes them look younger? Like ā€œthat haircut has taken 10 years off youā€ etc.

Though, obviously, youā€™re saying the opposite.

1 Like

Two different meanings, although I would say yours is the more common

1 Like

150-160M Euros? What they going to do, sell their whole squad?