Arsenal transfers 23/24

Covid though, means we haven’t got the emillions needed to bag him anyway

3 Likes

We need to announce this signing on a Thursday

#robackthursday

2 Likes

Good for them. Something has to be done against all the poaching of 16- and 17-year olds.

I’ve watched a little, but don’t know enough to say he would be captain material. He does however look to be a great enforcer and a compelte midfielder, which is what we need. If he turns out to be captain material, that’s even better. I get the impression he will lead by example, which is a type of leadership we lack.

Another CB to add to the collection :grin:

With all the players we are being linked with you’d be forgiven for thinking we’ll win the league :rofl::fire:

1 Like

I’d totally be on support of signing Silva if we shift Soktatis, Holding, Mav

Luiz, Thiago Silva, Saliba, Mari

I know I’ll get shot down for it but the experience the first two bring will be invaluable for SALIBA.

I see a lot of Thiago Silva in Saiba and if he has a teacher who can show him when to move and how to anticipate well he will absolutely thrive.

Silva became a world class CB because he had a mid 30s Nesta teaching him.

6 Likes

tbf I wouldn’t be against a Thiago Silva-Saliba pairing. Sounds formidable on paper and would be a significant improvement on what we have.

It’s a shame he’s going to be 36 soon. Does anyone know if he’s shown any signs of decline recently?

Same guy who refused to take a pay cut to his €250k wages? No thanks

2 Likes

Silva is worth the 250k. Yes please.

1 Like

Thiago Silva is 35 years old though. Remember when we signed Lichsteiner aged 35 but he was supposed to be in super good shape and able to handle the PL?

3 Likes

I think he’s still got more than enough about him to get a good 20-25 game season

I like the strategy. Play with 10 CBs and a GK. 3D Chess

5 Likes

We ignored the obvious signs with him though. He’s long been getting panned by Juve fans so that’s our fault really.

£20m minimum for a two year deal he’d probably want. Would be a big gamble and knowing us he’d come in play a few games and his legs would look like they’ve completely gone :weary::grin:

1 Like

I wouldn’t want to give him a 2 year deal.

Was Silva and Luiz the CB’s for Brazil when Germany beat them 7-1 :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Silva wasn’t in the team as he was suspended, and hence Luiz was the captain that day.

1 Like

A CB pairing of Silva and Saliba is far more promising than what we currently have to endure.

Silva would likely get ROASTED in this league especially playing here, yaah may be a good tutor but I’m sick of us doing these kind of short term costly deals for over the hill players.

Does fuck all for us going forward.

3 Likes