Arsenal transfers 23/24

You have to take that in to account the other way as well. If he wasn’t on a worse team would he even be playing?

1 Like

It’s kinda weird how Ziyech seems to be such a good player but no matter Ajax pushing him like crack at the 5 o’clock free crack giveaway there doesn’t seem to be that much real interest…

Trying to figure out what is the reason for this? @A.F any ideas? Maybe no one thinks he can defend or form a real part of a team at a higher level?

Edit: whoever made my profile pic that is a real bastard. God damn mod crew :crazy_face::crazy_face::rofl::rofl::sunglasses::sunglasses::unamused::unamused::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::hugs::hugs::rage::rage::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

I agree. We have to be aiming at someone like Santi in that position and while Ceballos has shown flashes of that quality, it’s no where near enough to suggest we should stick with him.

Absolutely ridiculous that we haven’t bought anyone.

1 Like

It’s hardly surprising. Most of the transfers will happen in the last 2-3 days of the window.

Sevilla (and probably some other sides) wanted to sign him. Maybe that’s not the top level but Arsenal is not one of the best teams around now either.

No clue why no bigger clubs wanted him.

I got it with Fekir because of his bum knees but I can’t understand why nobody wants to take a punt on Ziyech.

I didn’t believe he had what it took to take the step up but he’s shown such unbelievable consistency in his performances at a higher level that you start to think it’s worth the punt at the prices being quoted.

It’s totally baffling that he was available for less than €30m and none of the bigger named clubs wanted to take a chance. United were crying out for a number 10 and RW of quality and Ziyech has the versatility to plug both holes.

Baffling really. There has to be something we don’t know

1 Like

It’s a weird one for sure. Now he’s 26 clubs will start questioning a move because of his age as well.

People were saying recently that there isn’t a clause and he’d cost closer to 40-50 million. I have no idea if that’s true or not but would make a lot more sense as the transfer would take on a fair bit more risk considering the league he is coming from.

Ziyech wanted a top 8 club. The top 8 didn’t want him. Sevilla en Roma were very serious about signing him. I don’t think he is good enough for that elite level. He can be very useful for Arsenal.

I’m not a fan of panic buy but the current state of the Arsenal team must force the board to sign new players.

Mertens, Kurzawa and Boateng would add experience and winning mentality to a group which have shown to have so much weaknesses.

This has already been proven not to be true with our own track record on signing “experienced” players .

We need to clear out 95% of players signed under late stage Wenger and focus on U25 talents moving forward

4 Likes

How much experience and winning mentality did Lichtsteiner and Luiz bring? :joy:

3 Likes

How much do Saka, Willock, Nelson and AMN bring.

At least they will bring in 40 mil each when we sell them to the Evertons of the league

1 Like

Yeah this is pretty much my fear and on top of that you have to assume spending is not unlimited, so everything we spend on players that help us for 1 or 2 years means less we can spend on players who can potentially help us for 5+ years, which is probably only happening in summer.

I wouldn’t complain about a Monreal type Jan signing tbh.

Aston Villa, Norwich and Bournemouth. If the bottom three teams stays as it is, Arsenal should be looking at plucking at least 2 or 3 players from those teams.

Grealish, Mings, Godfrey, Ake, Aarons, Buendia and the list could go on.

3 Likes

Would love Grealish.

Would replace the UN scrub that is Mesut.

4 Likes

:joy::joy:

The problem is we need so many that just getting one or two is not going to make much difference.
Arteta might as well wait until the end of the season to assess who he wants and then hope the board give him the money he needs, as well as the money he’ll get from players he doesn’t want.

He has got to get used to the fact he is not coaching Man City level players and that he is at a club where none of the players are good enough to start for his former club.

He has to work with what he’s got because the board are not going to give him much more than 50m in the next window to rebuild this squad and that’s nowhere near enough.

Realistically, to get us back challenging for the title, we need four or five top quality players which is the best part of 200m and anyone thinking our board will even come close to that are going to be underwhelmed.

Aubameyang isn’t going to hang around so we will need an equivalent striker.
We also need at least one top quality experienced CB, DM and possibly a LB, RB and winger.

When we moved to the Emirates, supporters knew there would be a period of transition but most would have been under the impression that it would be from the top four trophy to actually challenging for the PL title.

What has happened in reality is that we have transitioned from a top four club into a mid table club. The Arsenal Express is heading in the wrong direction and the person steering this lumbering mess of a club has been at the wheel for the whole Emirates journey.

Unless we get a complete overhaul we are going to be like one of those old steam trains that used to be a spectacular sight but are now only seen as a tourist attractions in a clapped out train museum.