Arsenal transfers 23/24

Who says this keeper didn’t cost £10m? Doesn’t mention a fee!

He didn’t perform well for Dijon apparently, no way they’ll be asking for 10m+.

Hes a ligue 1 farmer that hasn’t even loaded into my FM save hes that irrelevant. Dont think he will be much at all.

2 Likes

How do you find these random tweets/people on twitter and who are they? Lol

1 Like

Football Twitter.

1 Like

Shit gets retweeted/quote tweeted on to my TL.

A journalist from the Telegraph now reporting the link.

More info: Back up keeper for Dijon, but has links to our goalkeeper coach. Good with his feet, but not great with his hands. 6’1 so he’s on the short side. Without ever seeing him play, he screams Kepa Arrizabalaga. At least we’re not paying £70m+ for him and he’ll be our defacto #2.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Lovely stuff.

@SpankyJoyJoy can rest assured now that there are surplus funds available from the Emi sale to spunk on a CM :vinai:

3 Likes

1.5M

That’s an absolutely superb deal

4 Likes

Finally have two good keepers and we immediately dump one.

I realize Leno was always going to stay because of his price tag but I did like Emi’s height and frame in goal.

Hopefully this new backup doesn’t have to play much.

We’ll see if Arsenal are able to get a deal for a midfielder done.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t even pay a fee for him. Who is this guy? :rofl:
Why can’t we use our very own “Arsenal whispers” card like Bayern, Barca and Madrid. Tell him to be a dipshit and force a move out.

What?

Apparently he’s only 6’ tall. Just what we need in the PL, another Ospina and Bravo esque keeper.

1 Like

Again, smart business. I like what i’m seeing under Edu x Arteta, doesn’t seem they trade on semtiment

1 Like

Plus side we have money now to spend on a midfielder…

Negative side…we are 100% dependant upon Leno. If he gets injured we could be fucked if this guy is no good. Definately need an upgrade next summer for a decent No.2 GK. Also means that Leno is going to need to play all the PL and EL games.

Very sad to see Emi leave. I would have given him the No.1 spot, but we don’t know what he has demanded behind the scenes with a new contract and guaranteed first place spot. If he turned around and said make me No.1 or I’ll leave, then perhaps the demand was too much. I can see Arteta saying that he would give him the opportunity to start the season as No.1 but can’t see him giving an guarantee. If that’s the case and Emi then said he wanted to leave, we have got a good deal for him and I wish him all the best. Just hope we inserted a buy back clause!

Bayern, Barca and Madrid are notorious for whispering into players and agents ears to force a move out of their clubs.
This guy is a backup keeper at Dijon, shouldn’t even pay a fee for him. We sold Sam Greenwood for £1.5m, and we actually wanted to keep the lad. Reckon Dijon could work with a GK from their academies.

Who cares, unlike Ospina, he won’t feature for us except for the occasional game in cups etc.

3 Likes

We will all care about the quality of our No.2 if Leno gets injured!

1 Like

Whoever #2 is, he needs to get games to be somewhat fit. Surely a backup keeper should do for the group stages of EL?

Only if they are good enough…Feel a bit sorry for Macey as well as it doesn’t look like he is going to be given the opportunity.

1 Like