Arsenal transfers 23/24

I get your point on Kroenke but here’s why I think he’s the primary one to blame.

1 he sets the financial policy for the club. We’re the only top 6 team that did not have a major financial injection in the last decade. In fact the club pays off huge amounts in debt finance costs and loan repayments which simply increases the value pound for pound of the club. Kroenke is sitting on a £400m plus capital gain if he sells while all the fans who pay into the club see in the meantime is an ever deteriorating squad. Clubs like Liverpool have in the meantime even been able to buy transformational Van Dyke for £70m and finance it from huge gains on selling a player or two to Spain because of the investment they received to buy those players years earlier when they needed to get back to being a top team. Yet again when the team really needs boosting we see us doing nothing again. Just imagine if we’d paid the extra £20m years ago needed to get Suarez from Liverpool how we would have won the league easily when Leicester over hauled us instead.

2 Josh Kroenke is heavily involved in running the club for his Dad. They’re more involved than people might be lead to believe.

3 David Dein was forced to leave on the back of Kroenke coming in. Dein was the last senior exec we had who really knew how to make a club run and he was the chief architect of our success when we had 5 league titles in 15 years and became a super power team again. Kroenke could’ve kept him on but wouldn’t mend his bridges with him.

4 For some reason barring the odd exception, the general performance of Kroenke sports franchises (and franchises are all they mean to him) is poor. His track record as a sports team owner is terrible for the fans. Go to the USA and you’ll find armies of fans who have seen their teams go down the shitter while he gets rich out of them.

5 Kroenke isn’t an Arsenal fan. He doesn’t really care to watch the team. All he cares about is making money out of the fans who are blindly loyal to the team until the day we die. He doesn’t care about us except how to make money out of us. He doesn’t care about the Arsenal except how to make money out of it. The result is we get ever worse shit on the pitch but his investment still makes him more money because of the global value of the prem and it’s large club fan bases. He just doesn’t care and it shows on the pitch.

6 Kroenke and son are heavily involved in all major hire and fire decisions and they’re just incompetent. They extended Wenger when he was past it - they blew 17million paying Wenger and his entourage off!! The CEO, managers, football directors and negotiators are all down to them. Even Ozil at 350k a week was signed off by Kroenke. If he’d been watching he would’ve seen Ozil was never going to work out due to his frustrating inconsistency in his early years at the club. Ozil s lost his desire but he’s happy enough to warm the bench while he takes that huge package and makes his back sore from his Fortnite addiction rather than saying he wants a move at almost any cost to get a regular start again. Many fans including me saw the Ozil debacle coming before he signed his extension but The Kroenkes couldn’t see it because they don’t care and simply don’t understand football. Now we find Ozil is the reason we had to let Ramsey go and why we can’t afford 3 new 25m defenders which we so desperately need to get us back to respectability in defence.

In summary I am certain that as long as Kroenke owns the club we’re doomed to ever more decline and mediocrity. In the end it’s always the owner that makes the difference in the long term. I wish I was wrong. How much more decline do we need to see at our beloved club before we all unite - Kroenke out.

1 Like

There is nothing in that post I disagree with.
Kroenke is a parasite that is ruining our club.

1 Like

Your paragraph on Dein is just wrong. Dein left the club about two years before Kroenke was even on the board and it was another couple of years after that when Kroenke took control. Dein left because of a falling out with other board members, primarily Danny Fiszmann. At a time when the rest of the board were signing lockdown agreements Dein sold his shares to Usmanov.

On Josh I’d be interested in any info you have about his involvement. It’s always seemed pretty limited from the outside looking in.

1 Like

Or as I call it ‘the Guendouzi tax’.

No release clause but…

We won’t sign him

1 Like

Does he actually watch us?

7 Likes

Wenger’s legacy lives on. He’s only gone and done it again.

wenger%20madness

4 Likes

Pay 60m for Ziyech and Fraser to go with Aubameyang and Lacazette upfront.
Sell Ozil and Mkhitayran for 10m each, which is a net spend of 40m, and just forget about the defence.

2 Likes

At the very least Fraser on the left and Ziyech on the right would be exciting to watch.

1 Like

I was wrong about your username @BigWeng_4LYFE :heart_eyes::kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

And that’s one of many reasons why the shit won’t happen.

Sorry if I didn’t get this quite right - I thought the falling out is because Fiszman wanted to bring in Kroenke and Dein wanted Usmanov although I know it took a while for Kroenke to complete his purchase. In any event Kroenke could have brought Dein back as his right hand and executive vice chairman again. I recall press articles about Josh doing reviews and being involved (more recently he attended the final in Baku for the Kroenkes) but sorry I can’t recall exact dates and publications.

Unfortunately I think many of my fellow fans don’t share my view that the Kroenkes are the real problem. Until that changes and the fans are strongly united against him on a very widespread basis then I cannot see him going anywhere. I fear (know) that time will prove me right about him but it gives me no satisfaction to watch the rot continue to set in the meantime.

1 Like

I wish we could get offers for Ozil and Mkhitaryan at any price. If we got 20m each I’d open the fizzy wine to celebrate!!! Anyway I’m gonna hope your suggestion comes true.

2 Likes

Yeh I agree, Emery legit sees Auba as a wide option and it’s disgusting.

1 Like

I just checked on Google and there is a guardian article in 2007 that clearly attributes Deins departure to the Kroenke versus Usmanov takeover dispute so I did remember correctly that his departure was everything to do with Kroenke

Here’s your statement that I say is wrong. That can’t be true because there was about 2 years between Dein leaving and Kroenke being a board member and a further 2 years until Kroenke became majority owner.

If you have an article that says different to that by all means let’s see it.

@Maverick79

1 Like

Apparently we have signed KPB, backstage leak from video package with Auba.

Paleeeeeeeeeeeasssse be true i think he is gonna be a top top player in a few years

2 Likes