Arsenal transfers 23/24

This everton guy looks classy…how much would he e going for has a got a release clause or anything? What is the rumoured amount?

Hopefully they will accept something like 10m and mustafi!

is this guy from the Brazilian league any better then what we have already? not that we have much already on the wings, his stats aren’t exactly amazing and even more considering the poor standard of the league he’s in

1 Like

Who martinelli?

Kike? Who is Kike? Seriously, Indikayla is more reliable than Kike. Same guy denying Torreira deal every given chance and reporting Banega was coming instead.
So far I’ve only seen people that get their sources from Arsenal dismiss the bid. Charles Watts, James Benge and Ornstein. TF1 broke it out of the blue as an exclusive and L’Equipe had the balls to double down on it after the 3 above dismissed it. Plus, they got it confirmed by the player’s entourage.

everton

Agreed his numbers aren’t great but things like these could blow up at any given time during your career, if you work on it given that you have a solid foundation. Richarlison was on high demand because of this. His xG was surprisingly promising so they took a punt. Soares could work on getting more goals and assists for sure.
Tbf, I don’t know what profile of winger we’re looking at. Sarr was raw but physically a great prospect. Fraser was very direct but not tricky. Zaha the most well rounded but at his peak atm. Pepe a solid goal threat. Soares a tricky winger that is very unpredictable with his play.

Kike is a strong Arsenal source as long as Emery is the manager. In fact, he was the first one to break the news that Emery – not Arteta – would be the Arsenal manager. He did not deny the Torreira deal (I checked his Twitter feed from last summer and he first mentioned it on June 15, saying that Emery had been given the go-ahead to sign Torreira). It’s almost surely true that Emery wanted Banega. And KIke denied Hermoso and others, saying Arsenal wanted to sign Saliba, before anyone else mentioned it.

But you still haven’t explained where you got this information. How do you know these things? Or are you just engaging in wishful thinking?

Kike has connections to Emery, true. He doesn’t have Arsenal sources per else though. Also, he did deny Torreira multiple times. Once said that Emery prefers the cheaper Banega instead of Torreira and the other that we had it done but halted the deal. I don’t ignore his words but I know he is very miss/hit.
As for how I know these things(Arsenal feeding Orny and co. info to pass on). I’ve just explained that 3 Arsenal ITK came quickly to dismiss the bid and even highlight that we don’t have that money. They’re known Arsenal ITKs. Anyone with a bit of realism understands that the 45m budget is bullshit. Three seasons in EL do not financially ruin one of the biggest clubs in the world. Arsenal didn’t have an issue leaking the Zaha bid on the day we launched the new home shirt but they do have an issue with two reliable sources in TF1 and L’Equipe reporting this massive bid, and the latter got it confirmed by the player’s entourage too.

At one point Kike questioned why Arsenal had temporarily stopped the Torreira deal (I read the tweets). He never denied they wanted Torreira. And Ornstein is not an “ITK.” He’s a journalist who covers the club. ITK’s are just guys on Twitter.

I’ve been telling people since January that reports of a £40 million (or sometimes £45 million) budget are nonsense. But that doesn’t mean Arsenal’s funds are unlimited. Go back and read the tweets from Swiss Ramble I linked earlier in this thread and you’ll see why their budget isn’t unlimited. Arsenal simply isn’t going to pay £80 million for anyone this summer, no matter how much you might wish it. There’s too much to be done. You’re just setting yourself up for disappointment.

And L’Equipe is far from infallible. If they were, Yacine Adli, Jean Michael Seri and Thomas Lemar would be Arsenal players right now.

Adli was gonna sign for us but got cold feet at the last minute. Lemar interest was confirmed by Law. Seri very plausible that we showed interest.
By the way, a point you probably might’ve missed. Arsenal are offering 80m in multiple installments (like most transfer fees nowadays). Surely we ain’t giving 80m up front.

I’d prefer Everton to Zaha that’s for sure. He’s got a high ceiling and he’s the kind of direct winger that we’ve been lacking for years.

I also refuse to believe this club bid €80m for Pepe. I’m not sure why people are even trying to buy into that one because they’re only going to end up disappointed.

Either way, €35-40m on Everton is a better deal than £80m on Zaha or even a similar price of Fraser.

6 Likes

35-40M Euros is a brilliant price to be fair. Hopefully Edu can pull some strings here.

1 Like

At this very moment on his wikipedia page it stands he’s an arsenal player. With the no 11 shirt.

Comunicado official!!
Welcome everton!!

Wikipedia IS the ultimate confirmation

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

An article there by Telefoot, or as he’s otherwise known, Hans Christian Anderson.

We’re scrabbling around behind the sofa for a few quid to get Tierney and some idiot thinks we’re going to bid 80m on Pepe.

@Electrifying hasn’t dropped one of these recently :thinking:

What is there for me to drop one???

Current mood is:

12 Likes

No, it’s not a point that I missed. It’s just immaterial unless Arsenal planned to pay £1 a year over the next 80 million years. If Arsenal could bid £80 million for Pepe, they would have already bid £80 million for and signed Zaha.

That’s not necessarily true. We could value Pepe at that amount but not value Zaha so highly.

1 Like