Arsenal transfers 23/24

You hold your opinion, I hold mine.
I think Eddie Howe is a great manager. You disagree. Cool.

Eddie Howe is far from a great manager. He’s a manager who’s done extremely well within limited resources and has done a commendable job. Nothing about his approach to the game suggests he has what it takes to step up to a big club.

1 Like

He’s English, that’s enough for some people.

1 Like

It’s more than commendable to bring a nobody club like Bournemouth into relevance. Not only have they been a solid side in the PL the past years but play some really nice football and has developed some proper players.

1 Like

Pls get him, he sounds exactly like the type we should be looking for, on the cusp of becoming a star etc

1 Like

Never heard of him… like the fact that he is 18, but I hope that means we are confident in Holding coming back and/or Koss being ok for another season.

Or it means we trust Mustafi :eyes:.

Which means we lose all hope.

Well. Not sure on the reliability of the source, but still

Özil should move to Juventus, everybody would win. We get rid of the 10 we don’t utilise, he can reunite with Ronaldo, and then old W takes the managerial job and cosies up next to Gazidis. Wouldn’t that be a fun side piece to watch next season, for good or bad lol

1 Like

Sounds like reasonable conjecture or wishful thinking to me… I would at least hope we get rid of Moose, but I expect the rest to stay… Too bad Xhakalamity remains off that list in all likelihood.

I’m kind of coming around to the idea that we won’t be able to move him. He likes living in London and making a lot of money. Maybe he plays some weeks, maybe be sits on the bench, maybe he goes to the V&A, gets a dank curry for dinner and watches Line of Duty. Either way he wins.

2 Likes

It does rather seem this way… he isn’t the same player we got and he doesn’t fit into our current set up and I also think there is something to the “dying of the pure No. 10,” although I suspect like a lot of tactical things it is a tad cyclical. I do think that you will see more and more managers expecting the kind of work rate from the entire 11 that Pep does.

While our attacking players like Auba and Laca are primarily there for goals and setting up the attack, they are also f*ing hard workers who don’t give up on plays and press from the front… you can have a player or two like Messi who perhaps has virtually zero responsibilities in that regard, but not too many and they have to really contribute a lot in other ways.

Lacazette has eights assists this season and our fullbacks combine for twenty if I’m not mistaken. Emery employs a certain offensive system which doesn’t make the most of Ozil as ‘lead assister’. That doesn’t mean Ozil hasn’t a role to play here.

People make too much of these wages. You get what you can negotiate. Not always what you (should) earn. That’s life though.

6 Likes

Never seen him as well. Checked out his comps on Youtube. That’s a solid amount for an 18 year old nobody has heard of. He looks more like a player in his mid-20s than barely a pro. He has right stature for a CB. Reminds me of Varane.

Having said that, I haven’t seen him in a match to see his full game in general (pros and cons). I think for an 18 year old, he’s worth the risk.

KdB comes to mind. Genius on the ball, but he’s a very hard worker under Pep.

But he is also a ginger so there’s already something inhuman about him. :mustafi:

I don’t think we should buy anyone from Valencia ever again!

2 Likes

Especially not Neto - who’s shit lol

2 Likes