Arsenal Team of the Decade

Whats more heartbreaking is how triggered I am about the misplaced fullbacks

2 Likes

Winner winner chicken dinner.

1 Like

No Ramsey no party.

1 Like

Yeah the guy who scores two winners in our 3 trophy wins of the decade has to be there haha

2 Likes

Ramsey would not be missed in that team :wenger:

Song over Ramsey?

Cmon son

1 Like

Song managed 17 assists from DM in one season. He’s a don.

4 Likes
1 Like

That was the whole problem actually…

2 Likes

Ramsey 13-14 > Song 11-12

Yeah massive problem that.

Indeed. That team was unbalanced as fuck. That was one of the reasons.

If Xhaka got 17 assists for us, we’d be sucking him off.

Hell if anyone got assists for us right now, they’d be in the hall of fame. I think Song was brilliant for us tbh.

3 Likes

IMO Song was the best DM we had over that period.

4 Likes

Song was like a good version of Coquelin. He was a bit of a knob of a person but I really liked him as a player.

Many of RVP’s best goals wouldn’t have happened without Song’s stupid through ball vision that year.

3 Likes

Yeah, apparently he was a piece of shit in the lead-up to being sold to Barca. I seem to recall a rumour that Steve Bould or someone wanted to punch him during a pre-season training session lol

2 Likes

Haha I remember that too, though these days I consider Bould a sycophantic cunt who played a huge part in our demise. If only Song had a knocked him out in training and became Captain.

We would never had needed to buy Xhaka and Song wouldn’t be part of the most cringeworthy moment in all of football history.

We’re all living in the darkest timeline.

2 Likes

His blonde phase was great :arteta:

Arsenals-Alex-Song-has-no-007

2 Likes

Someone needs to post the gif of him going for the trophy.

I think with another club Song might have been a different player as long as his attitude didn’t get too much for him. Physically very strong and when he walked into someone he often walked away with the ball, and then was comfortable enough with it to not be a liability.

This was a CB/DM that was coached for basically his whole professional career by Wenger, in mostly defensively questionable Wenger sides. Towards the end of his career here he got ideas above his station and wanted to be in all the attacks which was dumb but maybe that’s all that happens in a Wenger training session :arteta:.