Arsenal Reserves & Youths

Miguel Azeez made his debut for Portsmouth over the weekend…

Sidenote: I wanted to see what the Pompey fans were saying about Azeez, ended up going into a thread where they criticised the coaches use of football jargon.

‘What does he mean playing with a six and two eights :s.’

Balogun should have gone on loan. He is just fucking around at U23 level at this point. Three braces in four appearances and doing shit like this.

7 Likes

He really should have. Stuff like that is nice and all but he should be cutting his teeth with another team and in a harsher environment.

Also, these Twitter nerds need to be stopped:

3 Likes

This guys is the worst lmaooo always defending Arteta and Xhaka and saying how amazing they are…as we sit 9th or lower in the table consistently :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I pray that dumb cunt is a parody account.

If not I worry for the intelligence of our species.

4 Likes

hmmm :triangular_flag_on_post:

1 Like

@Electrifying

we really seem to either suck or have really bad luck with our loans of talented youngsters…

Isn’t the point of a loan to get him minutes as well as train with a first team properly?

1 Like

Its not azeezy playing for Portsmouth in a proper league than playing for the arsenal under 23’s

2 Likes

Meanwhile Gavin Bazunu, on loan from City, has been their starting keeper the entire season.

I think it’s more likely that our young talent just aren’t really that good.

1 Like

Occam’s razor strikes again

Not encouraging.

Oh well

Not particularly surprised by these news.
I’ve mentioned before that Azeez while very talented he has been critiqued for the lack of effort he puts in defensively.
This should be a good test for him. Real stakes here.

Think a lot of the time it’s a culture shock for young players.
They’ve been around big clubs and getting top training kit, boots and taken on European tours at an early age.
They tend to play for teams who have the best young coaches and academy set ups. Also and most importantly they play for successful teams and have the game based on skill and development.
Going out on loan to a physical League and expecting to put a lot more endurance in can be a very rude awakening for them.
At the academy we probably dominate possession in most games but that’s not always going to be the way on loan.

The only one of our current youth lot that people seem to genuinely be raving about is Patino.

My partners sisters husband is a massive Portsmouth fan, he said the manager signed both of their starting midfielders this summer and is trying to make them work? Not sure how accurate that is because I cba to fact check Portsmouth lmao. Was bantering him because Ipswich is local to me and shite.

1 Like

It’s very hard to get loans right for this reason. Unless the manager has spotted a gap the loanee can fill more often than not it’s about cover. They aren’t otherwise going to invest time for that player unless they are a huge talent.

2 Likes

The four-year-old footballer scouted by Arsenal while still at nursery - BBC News

Apologies if this has been posted already, but thought it was interesting…

1 Like

Seen him on the television this morning. Undoubtedly talented but just found it a bit uncomfortable dad and coaches talking like this.
Just be a kid first and foremost and play and learn, discover the world.

2 Likes