Arsenal Pre-season

@GC-Maniac anything on Twitter about that rumored behind-closed-doors friendly?

1 Like

Had a great day Saturday
Took the boy and missus and actually went into the shop before a game for once as he wanted the new away kit.
We were sitting in club level next to the directors box, and as we walked out who was standing right at the barrier!! EDU!
So we managed to have a small chat and some photos with him. Great start to the game, which we absolutely bossed, looked very comfortable and always in control. Seville do not look ready at all.

6 Likes

Nope. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Well we really couldn’t have asked for a better run of pre season form.

3 Likes

It was actually his second match, but this experience was much better. Took him to Norwich at home last season but it was just too loud for him and couldn’t get seats in the family section.

This time he really got into celebrating the goals! Also had club level seats so playing foosball at halftime was a hit. Being clockend way the first half was brilliant and he loved seeing the lads celebrate.

Not sure I’m taking him to a proper Arsenal match again just yet. He starts to get antsy in the second half. He always wants to go with me, but it’s a long day as it takes us an 1hr 45m to get there and then the same to get back home. He ate and then fell asleep on the train home.

I think we might head to an Oxford Utd match this season though. Much closer (and an easy enough drive) and supposed to the a really family friendly atmosphere. Not sure if they are still running kids activities, but we’ll see. Will be much cheaper too.

If you want to enjoy the match, then waiting until they are at least 5, although 6/7 is probably better, would be advised. Or bring headphones and an iPad loaded with games and videos to keep them busy in the second half. And I always aim for an aisle seat for loo runs. And don’t forget loads of snacks unless you want to spend a fortune and have them full up crisps and sweets.

4 Likes

Haven’t seen much talk around this but “pre-midseason” has already started and we’re playing on Thursday.We’re facing Laca’s Lyon.

Some good news is that Emile seems to be training with the team.

Have you missed the December friendlys thread?

1 Like

When are the players coming back in for the first training? First week of July?

Game Day!!

:calendar: Thursday 13th July
:soccer: First Team
:vs: FC Nurnberg
:trophy: Pre Season Friendly
:stadium: Max-Morlock-Stadion
:alarm_clock: 7pm :de: 6pm :england:

5 Likes

Game Day!!
Quite surprised no one has mentioned this yet
My first game back tonight and cant wait to see the new guys
Got my wife and boy with me and we’ll be in Club Level.
Hope the weather is kinder than the forecast predicts.

:calendar: Wednesday 2nd August 2023
:soccer: First Team
:vs: Monaco
:trophy: Emirates Cup
:stadium: Emirates Stadium
:alarm_clock: 6pm

Wonderful moment to see Declan Rice in Arsenal red and white, at the Emirates.

Looking forward! Who are the other two teams in this Cup?

Its just the one game tonight unfortunately, Monaco in the Arsene Wenger derby

2 Likes

Will be out hoping that somewhere is showing the game. Not optimistic though.

Arsenal Player, not free though.

1 Like

It’s on ESPN in the Carribean. USA showing it too. Will be streams available surely.

I’ll be out drinking was holding onto a slim chance that a pub might show the game. Will catch the highlights tomorrow.

List of broadcasting stations:

LiveSoccerTV

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/1686706724395212800?s=46&t=AXaXFdGpC85RzXwk6DBMgA

he injured?