Arsenal Pre-season thread 17-18

Sven was feeling philosophical that day

2 Likes

So Sokratis looks shit as expected ? Not surprising as I never really understood the signing, an ageing player that is average at best by top clubs standards.

Sokratis hasnā€™t looked bad at all imo. Bellerin and Kolasinac are the two worst offenders.

No I think we are playing differently and I donā€™t think itā€™s all positive. We break much quicker but commit less men forward. So we donā€™t overload our players forward so weā€™re more secure defensively. But there isnā€™t as much attacking freedom and commitment to attack. Thereā€™s less 1-2-3s Wengerball that force chance creation but faster breaks.

Essentially I think weā€™ll defend better but score less this season. I donā€™t think we get higher than 6th

Win the Charity Shield against Chelsea last season - itā€™s only the charity shield itā€™s not a real competitive game, who cares

Losing a pre season game this year - this confirms that we are shit and justifies every negative conclusion anyone could wish to draw about the team before the new season.

2 Likes

Aaaargg Lacazette.

That HAS to be 1-1.

How long left?

11 minutes + inj

Kolasinac is just garbage, Iā€™m unsure as to why some Arsenal fans rate him ? Maybe they just love the fact heā€™s strongly built, but sadly that doesnā€™t translate to quality footballer.

1 Like

RLC is back from the World Cup but Welbeck isnā€™t? Why does Welbeck need an extended break? ā€“ Pussy Riot spent more time on the pitch at the WC than him!

6 Likes

The thing is all of our players have come back more strongly built than they were last season so people can get their big sweaty man fix elsewhere in the squad :grin:

1 Like

Itā€™s easier to be negative than it is to be positive. Plus we have a lot of emo supporters.

3 Likes

This is the mess Wenger left us. Wont be an easy fix and we have to get use too it. Nowhere near enough quality needed for more than a fourth place shot. That will have to probably coincide with a fall at other clubs.

1 Like

well its progress at least we arent losing 6-0 and dont look like we will be anymore.

Fucking goalie

Hahaha 1-1

1 Like

WERE WINNIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!

1 Like

Will there be penalties?

There will be penalties.

I believe so, yes