Arsenal Pre-season thread 17-18

Omg pull the trigger big man!

Two times Smith-Rowe hasnā€™t shot when he shouldā€™ve from space just outside the box :confused: Cā€™mon little KdB, get it together!

The ref needs to wear a yellow shirt.

Have to say again though, Gonzo has been absolutely great in that almost deep lying play maker-role in the first half.

Honestly we havenā€™t looked horribly bad bar our shit full backs. Other than that think if we got a legit CM and Winger weā€™d be a force to be reckoned with.

Defence still has huge questions, itā€™s why this transfer window hasnā€™t been as good as it should have been.

1 Like

That and spending 400m on a whole new back 5 and some of the top attacking young talents

2 Likes

5 Likes

We will simply just come 5th or 6th, we donā€™t have a quality winger, aside from an injury prone Ramsey no scoring CM, a back 5 that is clearly the worst of the top 6. Emery isnā€™t some miracle worker that will get this squad into the top 3 or anything no matter how much some what to believe it.

1 Like

old habits die hard, still doing the tippy tappy shit around the penalty area with no real strikes at goal and no real danger whilst the opposition camps outā€¦the team is institutionalised now it seems its gonna take a lot to get this out of them.

Thatā€™s something Iā€™d expect to read on Twitter but not here. Itā€™s pre season and youā€™re already all emotional.

1 Like

Lee Hendrie is really struggling to pronounce Aubameyang. Usually comes out sounding like Amayangā€ or ā€œAmayabangā€. Iā€™m expecting ā€œAnchormanā€ soon.

We really need to score

Do we tho? Iā€™d much rather score against Chelsea in an meaningful game like the one in a few weeks!

I donā€™t think itā€™s either/or Calum, lol

But itā€™s good to keep the goals coming, build momentum etc.

1 Like

Haha Calum just accept I like to watch pre-season games :smile:

On basis of the second half display yes, we have to score

1 Like

Here comes Moses to tear our fullbacks a new asshole.

I would watch aswell if they were on sky or bt and not Premier sports!!

Itā€™s on ESPN as well.

Iā€™ll take losing by just the 1 goal tbh.

I wanna know who looked at this defence and thought Sokratis was the answer :arteta:

1 Like