Arsenal Pre-season thread 17-18

Carl Jenkinson, Chuba Akpom, Jeff Reine-Adelaide, Joel Campbell and Krystian Bielik have all been left out of Arsenal’s tour squad.

Adelaide as well :cech:

I’m happy to see Perez being given a chance.

3 Likes

Never got the hype with this dude really. Not to say he never showed anything, but it always seemed like people got a bit carried away with the “The Jeff” hype, looks like he’s going the way of most youngsters

1 Like

He did well at Angers last season, successful Ligue 1 loan at his age isn’t too bad. Probably left out of the team cause they’re looking for a loan for him, as I’d imagine is the case for Bielik (who needs regular football after the mess they made of his season last season, keeping him around for no reason and then getting him a lesser loan than the one he had been on before after an injury took away half his season).

I’m not saying you’re wrong because I have no idea how he done. I’m just wondering how you define/determine success for a loan?

Just turned 20 and was starting for a Ligue 1 side, had a few notable performances (most successful dribbles in a game in all of Ligue 1 in one of them if I recall). I think it’s fair to call that a success.

Not saying he’s gonna make it here, but he’s talented.

this may have been BS, sorry guys

I guess you could look at that as being successful but yea it’s kind of ultimately meaningless as you allude to.

Well, it’s a successful loan at the age of just 20, as I said.

Reine Adelaide and maybe/probably Bielik have the talent to make it at a high level, whether they will of course is up for debate. Good to see in the other thread that they are being loaned out, as I expected. At least we’re operating like an actual football club under the new regime instead of Wenger madness everywhere.

Surely @Phoebica loves it :wink:

1 Like

nah Giroud isn’t in there :giroud:

1 Like

I’m not overly happy as it means we are less likely to sign a winger and Perez is average at best despite what some people think on here.

Callums back looks meaty as fek. Sead looks like a weapon too.

1 Like

why are you gawping at his back meat? :henry2: Are you talking Chambers or @Calum :giroud: Either which way i think they might get a bit uncomfy about you discussing their meaty bits and weaponisation on a forum.

2 Likes

Dont worry. Aint gonna reveal any secrets about any meaty bits on here. Just impressed by Sead and Chambers meatyness, which i think will come in handy during our title winning season.

2 Likes

Arsenal 8-0 Boreham Wood All goals & Highlights

@AbouCuellar @shamrockgooner @JakeyBoy

Jeff Adelaide’s vs Monaco/Bordeaux/Lille showing his every touch videos in those matches

Reminds me of Diaby. Excellent close control, dribbling and pace. Overdribbles a little but not as much as Ox. Inability to pick a long pass is clearly his failing. Strong and powerful though and showed decent tackling.

Good loan for him getting him the match time and he obviously needs another loan. I thought when he came 2-3 years ago and had a pre-season he was going to be the business but he hasn’t pressed on yet.

3 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Pre-season Friendlies

The lads.

1 Like