Arsenal Player of the Decade

Probably go for van Persie just because his best was better than anyone else’s there and he willed us to a top 4 finish literally by himself, who knows if the Europa League decline wouldn’t’ve begun before it did without him.

Can make good cases for Cazorla, Alexis, and Koscielny though.

2 Likes

I refuse to recognise this vote.

3 Likes

Find it funny that Ozil is even on the list, sorry what has he done that’s been so great.

I went with Alexis, best player in the Emirates era for me, dragged a average side to 5.

RVP had the best one off season I’ve seen dragged a average side to top 4 all by himself.

Carzola was a great player when he was fit.

Tricky decisions given years involved. Love me some Santi though.

Flexo you forgot to put Xhaka on the list so that Dick Emery can come on here and vote for him.

Cazorla - professional, complete two footed player and had love for the Arsenal !?

1 Like

All jokes aside, Bentdener did have moments of brilliance every now and then. He could have been better if his ego weren’t so massive.

And Santi for me without a doubt.

Top three: Sanchez, Aubameyang, Wilshere–only because I loved the rare occasions he was fit and playing well.

RvP

Unreal talent, the Bergkamp heir apparent

3 Likes

Santi’s first year was great when he scored and assisted for fun. When he got moved to the wing it wasn’t so great. His freekick gave us our first Trophy in X number of years.

Then he had a new lease of life when moved to the DLP role. And most fans couldn’t see how good he was until he got injured

1 Like

As much as I love Santi I think the lopsided votes towards him are more due to sentimental reasons how likeable he was rather than being the standout performer onfield.

In the 6 seasons he spent here 3 of them he spent injured. 13/14 season he was on the wing and only just decent. 12/13 season he was fantastic and 14/15 he was awesome when he moved to CM.

I don’t know about you guys but Santi is kind of the reason I love football.
Sometimes it isn’t all about contribution or success on pitch.

He was a joy and a visual music to watch.
In the era of efficient football, Santi brought romance on the pitch

God, i miss him

I don’t disagree with that as he I loved watching him also, absolutely beautiful footballer to watch.

I was just saying in actual onfield performance he spent 3/6 seasons injured and a further one season only playing mediocre on a wing.

1 Like