Arsenal Player of the Decade

Vote for your top 1.
Post your top 3.
Post your top 3 favorites…if you like :wink:

Arsenal’s 2nd best goal of the decade…which could be a stand-alone thread :thinking:. Giroud’s effort would take 1st best automatically hence 2nd best.

PLAYER OF THE DECADE

• Aaron Ramsey (2010-2019)
  • Alexis Sanchez (2014-2018)
  • Cesc Fabregas (2009-2011)
  • Laurent Koscielny (2010-2019)
  • Mesut Özil (2013-2019)
  • Olivier Giroud (2012-2018)
  • Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang (2018-2019)
  • Robin van Persie (2010-2012)
  • Santi Cazorla (2012-2018)
  • Other

0 voters

Top 3

1. Alexis
  2. Ozil
  3. Aaron Ramsey

Favourite

1. Ozil
  2. Cesc
  3. Santi

Cesc was flat out our best player. Followed by RVP and then either Alexis or Santi or Ozil. But Santi, Alexis and Ozil gave us more seasons. So it’s hard to answer on that basis

Santi Cazorla for having the highest average combination of Skill + Effort + Likability + Not Being A Total Snakey Cunt

8 Likes

RVP
Sanchez
Cesc

2 Likes

This decade - Cazorla closely followed by Koscielny, then Sanchez.
Ozil should have done more.

Cazorla quite comfortably for me. Arguably the most technically gifted player we’ve had in the PL era, and then left the club with dignity after many years of service. The fact we all still love the guy speaks volumes about his time at the club.

The phrase “playing with a smile on your face” has never been more appropriate for a player. Miss the fucker dearly.

4 Likes

Cazorla, my undisputed favourite player to watch since cesc ( would’ve voted him overall but only 2 seasons, eh)

Sanchez is a close second but the way he left and how shite he was in the season he left means he doesnt win. But in form he was phenomenal and the best attacker in the league.

Ramsey finishes my list, 2 important cup winning goals always worked his balls off for the club and always enjoyed him as a player.

I voted for cazorla no idea why it counted for Sanchez…probably fat fingered my phone haha.

Wow a tough one… no one really comes to mind at first…
Yeah when you think about it it’s could probably be cazorla but even he had weak periods, then later the injuries… Ozil had a great impact for a few seasons but kinda ruined his legacy in the last year or so…
We really had a weak decade.
I’d probably give it to koscielny in the end… When you sum everything up, it could be him… But like I said no one really stands out for me for multiple reasons.

1 Like

Yeah everyone’s a nearly guy.

1. Cazorla
  2. A cunt
  3. Some other cunt
1 Like
  1. Sanogo
  2. Almunia
  3. Silvestre
3 Likes

Santi. Still annoys me that we let him go.

The candidates show we’ve been nowhere near winning a league in the last decade. Cazorla will likely win the poll and he spent 3 of his 6 seasons in North London in the rehab room.

2 Likes

Santi is obvious choice but I went Aaron.

Stayed with the whole decade and came up clutch in the key moments this decade.

I think his comeback after the injury to his world class purple patch and then scoring 2 fa cup final winners is quality. And he was a pretty sound guy throughout

1 Like

Cazorla
Sanchez/Ozil

Sad thing about that list is how many have been part of more than a couple good hidings and humiliations.

Santi

If RvC stayed with us that last contracted season and inevitably had as good a goalscoring season with us than he did with those dickheads up north, he’d be top.

Alexis

From 2014-17 he was brilliant. We had one of the best players in the Premier League again one our rivals hated and it was a great feeling having that back for them years

2 Likes

Heart - Santi

Head - Alexis. Carried us on his shoulders.

2 Likes

I’ve gone with Alexis simply because I thought for most of his time at Arsenal he was a top 5 player in the EPL, scored every other game for us as a predominant wide player.