3 Legends

3 Likes

Bergkamp and Henry, yes.

Fabregas canā€™t really be called a legend for Arsenal

1 Like

You fucking wind up merchant :joy:

1 Like

5 Likes

I basically have no desire for huge wealth but if I did win the lotto one thing Iā€™d love to own is a Highbury apartment.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Still think we are so lucky to still have it with us. Was so pleased I finally got to see when I was in London last May for my birthday.

In a weird way I was star struck at finally seeing it in real life. Probably weird as its not even a proper stadium any more :joy:

2 Likes

That Valencia team was immense. I was way too young to remember this game but guessing we lost the 2nd leg at the Mestalla?

Still pains me that our team from 2001 onwards did fuck all in Europe :frowning:

5 Likes

But of course. Our friend John Carew made sure we did.

7 Likes

Yeah, absolutely. We were definitely able to play toe to toe with anybody in Europe at that time, it just didnā€™t click I guess. We lost on the away goal rule that year, Valencia later lost the final on penaltiesā€¦
Two years later we were again knocked out by Valencia, in that second group stageā€¦ Iā€™ll always remember that night. Shame :santi:

2 Likes

Yeah we were 15 minutes away from getting the result we needed at the Mestalla.

I watched this game recently. Between minute 45 and 70, Vieira was the absolute business.

This run leads to our first goal

ezgif-7-2ab4f8440a40

ezgif-7-7444b9b6494a

ezgif-7-71347f6c865b

5 Likes

Just a casual drubbing of the runners up in that seasons CL.

5 Likes

The best two midfielders in the history of the game :grin: :heart_eyes:

1 Like
2 Likes

Classy picture

2 Likes

All I see is 3 shit managers

2 Likes

So much for social distancing

1 Like

Think thatā€™s a bit harsh. Wenger will undoubtedly be regarded as one of the best managers of the game despite how his later years panned out. Zidane, though still very very early in his managerial career, has done well for himself so far with three back to back CL trophies. And the quality player he was, thereā€™s no questions heā€™s a legend of the game. Blanc, despite being a questionable manager, was a pretty decent player himself. Think the picture is a good memory of the time around the 2000s when all three (Blanc and Zidane as players and Arsene as a manager) were at the peak of their powers.

:joy::grin:

1 Like