Arsenal Kits and Merch

I actually like that idea. If you look at some of the absolute dogshit Nike has been pumping out during their contracts with Chelsea and Spurs along with the dreck Adidas have foisted on ManU and Juventus you’d have to think that some of these “designers” could use that extra time to not suck.

Agree, I like keeping tradition.

Away should always be yellow imo, there’s no fixed pattern to you can get creative

1 Like

I’d like yellow and blue every season but it is what it is.

Besides, if you look at the history of away kits that we’ve worn, its not exactly the case that we’ve literally always worn yellow til the recent past when we started wearing different colours.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Arsenal/Arsenal-change-kits.html

3 Likes

I tend to think there should be a two season minimum for each kit in the EPL and domestic cup competitions be it Goalies, away or third.

I don’t blame the clubs for trying to get every penny out of us because that’s life in 2022 and there’s no regulation on them because it’s like everything else in the free market, everyone is trying to get every last penny out of us. Anyone responsible for paying utility bills or buying fuel or food will know that feeling.

As for colour, I like the traditional red and white sleeves and it would be nice to have something yellow and/or navy each season as a nod to our more traditional away colours, but I also love new ideas and have been enjoying watching adidas come up with some very stylish kits. I do think clubs should offer the basic shirt without sponsors logos though. JVC was bareable, just.

1 Like

Agree 100%. I would buy the black shirt in an instance. If they’d remove the Emirates and visit Rwanda. I’d even pay more to be rid of it.

3 Likes

That black kit United had back in the day just set the benchmark on this colour.

1 Like

IIRC Celtic had an option to buy kits with no sponsors at one point. They’d have to write that into their contract with Emirates though and I can’t imagine it would go over well. The Visit Rwanda deal should be coming up soon and you’d hope we don’t renew.

1 Like

You still can for this season 22/23 it wasn’t a one off

I wonder if that has anything to do with their primary sponsor being a betting company.

Do they still print children’s kits without betting sponsors?

I think so yeah but usually its only kid tops not the adult ones

1 Like

What if your a very large kid? :bergkamp: Wouldn’t want to discriminate…

Tradition , purely that .

The grey top they had bombed .
Didn’t they change at halftime away to Southampton ?

1 Like

Yes, moaning that they couldn’t see each other because the kits were too dark, seemingly ignoring the kit it replaced was black.

Without checking the internet I seem to remember they were 3-0 down at half time. The only good kit Man Utd ever had was that green/yellow/black Newton Heath number.

Anyone know how to get the Gold font on the black shirt I only get the option for white?.

1 Like

Thank you

Pink away kit and more pre-match gubbins should be on sale tomorrow.

Just say we picked black because we haven’t had one for awhile.

2 Likes