Arsenal in negotiations for sleeve sponsor

Whatever we think of the leadership, I’m glad to see the country is recovering well from those horrific events of 1994.

And if some sleeve sponsorship can help that recovery by bringing tourism and putting their name out there for something other than genocide then good stuff.

2 Likes

Let’s not kid ourselves, the sponsorship deal has little to do with boosting tourism in Rwanda, and all to do with a corrupt “president”, who happens to be an admirer of Arsenal. Surely you can hardly find a worse way to spend £30m of a poor developing nations’s budget.

I can’t argue with that, but the strides they have made since that time can’t be denied either

1 Like

I stumbled upon a Norwegian article two days ago about some child that was found with a machete in her head alive amongst her dead family, prompted me to read more into this. Fuck me how awful!

Can anyone give me a quick tl;dr about the Hutus and the Tutsis and why there was a genocide?

It’s 100% Belgium’s fault, that’s all you need to know

2 Likes

My main exposure to it is when my history teacher stuck on Hotel Rwanda for us to watch one time.

Its based on a true story and It’s a really good film as well.

2 Likes
1 Like

Let’s not exonerated France and their neo-colonial politics. Or how they airlifted out of Rwanda, offered money and still offer technical asylum to Agathe Habyarimana one of the masterminds of the genocide

Visit Rwanda

Why are we advertising a country and not Hyundai or Canon like every other PL club lol

1 Like

The deal smelt funny from the start.

Nuts seeing people justify it at the the time thinking tourism will cure the issues in Rwanda

1 Like

Another dodgy deal from summer 2019 you say :eyes:

1 Like

This deal looking not great in light of today’s news.

At least to me.

Another thing making it hard to pull for arsenal

3 Likes

I don’t think it ever looked great did it?

Especially seeing as that gravelly voiced cunt Raul had his fingers in the pie too.

4 Likes

Long overdue to be removed this thing. Maybe a few more people seeing this horrible set up with the government will feel more uncomfortable now.
Hopefully a bit of pressure is brought and we lose it for next season top.

3 Likes

You forgot the business wizkid :vinai:

Who set this up Raul?

Anything he touched should be investigated. Crook.

2 Likes