Arsenal Football Club History

Exactly, we’ve been paying like the highest prices in the league for how many years? It would cost you more to go to the Emirates to watch mediocrity than it did to watch Munich with all their world class players. All those years we were sold some false narrative. Once the debt is paid of and the new sponsorship comes in we will be competing with likes of Bayern, bruh we couldn’t even compete on ticket prices :joy:
And I agree hundred percent bro about the “fickle fans” narrative in the media, no other fans would of stuck by a club as long as we have and paid the kind of ticket prices we did for as long. Same as you I was 16 in 2004, thought sky was the limit and we would go on to conquer the world. Never thought I would be 33 and Arsenal would be 10th in the league :joy::rofl:

1 Like

Those articles are from 2008, no? He was ‘let go’ in april 2007 ;). Could be very well the case that he supported a Kroenke takeover at that time.

To be fair. This wasn’t a complete lie. The influx of arab money, and the inflation it lead too, just completely changed the football landscape. That is why I never understand the sympathy for City. For everything that has been wrong at Arsenal they are also a big reason for our demise.

1 Like

It’s ridiculous when you think Liverpool fucked up selling to Hicks and Gillette and have won a CL and title since then.
It shouldn’t be irreparable here but somehow seems it is.

3 Likes

He just badly misjudged the who. :santi:

1 Like

I read today he was trying to get us a move to Wembley stadium while the Emirates was being discussed :hushed:

Yea thank fuck that never came off.

1 Like

3 Likes

If Brexit had a face

A shame it was for one season only :grin:

3 Likes

Imagine a prime Adams and Campbell CB pairing.

3 Likes

HAPPY ST GEORGES DAY

6 Likes

Big man tings, we won the league more times at WHL then they did :joy::rofl:

8 Likes

It seems ages ago now , when life and football was so much easier

2 Likes
2 Likes

What a shithouse club West Ham really are.

I bet they put cunts like Cass Pennant up on a pedestal there.

1 Like

Absolutely nuts to think that not that long ago you could get your head kicked in, badly beaten and or potentially killed for going to a football game.

Films like ‘football factory’ and the subsequent series which Danny Dyer hosted about the various firms glorified these cunts as if they were local heroes and “hard men” nothing hard about 100 people chasing one guy, these were actual grown men with nothing better do then go around the country trying to get into fights with other football fans, proper definition of a jobless loser.

4 Likes

Yeah I have a problem with that Green Street film because of that.
How did West Ham even allow their name get associated with that.
Didn’t we have an Arsenal fan who lost his life ,partner come on here a few years ago on an anniversary of the death. Don’t remember if it was this lad.

2 Likes

This is why romanticizing football of the past is always so double in my opinion. Because I feel like I have read enough similar reports of other people. Plus the racism in football. Not that that is gone now, but still.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s fair. Experienced that and football violence. It wasn’t nice and you can’t rose tint it as if it was a small thing.
Season by season more grounds you avoided going too.
West Ham was the first I dropped.

3 Likes

11 Likes