Arsenal Football Club History

Can’t wait. 5pm today. ITV :slight_smile:

On this day in 2015 we end our PL season with a cracker!

1 Like

The performance that convinced Wenger to go with Theo in the final

On this day in 1989:

4 Likes

It seems like every date in May seems to resonate with us Arsenal fans for a trophy win!

We beat Chelsea in the final of the Cup in 2017 (on this day)

1 Like

A year to the day we lost 4-1 in The Europa League Final in Baku.

Even tho we are in lockdown. This day is probably still better than last year :joy:

1 Like

With the performance, crap atmosphere, and losing to Chelsea of all teams that was just an all round awful night.

Luckily it was just the Europa League so got over it quickly :rofl:

Blimey, a year ago already.

I was watching that at a bar in Zurich. Absolutey seething. Still angers me to think of that bottlejob performance.

1 Like

Much better memory today!

1 Like

Another nice reminder of the good old glory days…

1 Like

Wenger had a sore throat in his post match interview after that game. He sounded well scary!

Seeing the video, Dixon should’ve been sent off too.

It’s just so good to see that team, the pace and power we had (next to all the other qualities)… So many players willing to make those lung bursting runs on every counter, carving the opponent every time they leave some space at the back… Football was so simple at that time.

Now this post modern, post tiki taka, Wengerballz (hate this term)… We make the opponent sit deep because we can’t and don’t want to counter, and then we have to make 172 passes before the ball gets to Sagna, he makes a cross for Giroud (or Theo :wink: ) and there’s your chance and Wengerball. Absolutely hated the football we played in the last decade.

2 Likes

I’m surprised he wasn’t. As Wenger said, when the red has sent a home player off, he’s always tempted to send an away player off too.

I think Leeds had other things on their mind that game. It was post Galatasaray and the fans’ stabbing, I believe

1 Like

who the fuck is that on the left in the back who is jumping right as the pict-oh. it’s Per. nvm.

Cool picture though, with the five flames, forgot Flamini was there as well.

He ain’t jumping :wenger:

Australia will never produce a player at talented as Harry Kewell again.

1 Like

On this day in 2002. The World Cup started.

:eyes:

2 Likes

Surely that’s not right? That late in may

1 Like

Nope. It’s certainly not. Was 8th May.

Edit: The World Cup kicked off on May 31st ffs. :joy:

2 Likes

And the FA Cup was won four days before that, so in no respect could we be said to have won the double on the 31st of May 2002 lol

2 Likes