Arsenal Financials

didnt realise we had a new partner, only happened a few days back though

1 Like

@shamrockgooner

Another SwissRamble megathread.

Btw, what an absolute disgrace:

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1080749454343499776

So much for Liverpool’s working class credentials. Frauds :xhaka:

All that money and don’t pay any corporation tax while the country goes to shit. Unbelievable. Proud of our club.

4 Likes

Imagine paying taxes over transfer fees. State of this club

All that really tells me is that every single title winning club over the last decade has had some form of investment from its owner. Even Leicester City benefited heavily from investment from their owner.

From the twitter thread, corporation tax is largely based on profit apparently. So if Liverpool aren’t in profit, or are only recently in profit, they won’t have been paying corporation tax. Not sure its got much to do with their “working class credentials” or us being a particularly classy club.

But I could be wrong.

You’re not wrong.

We need to introduce a levy on PL TV deals right now

1 Like

To be fair, the pack of profit is probably just as much creative accounting to make it look that way as actually not making much money.

Am I fuck believing the PL clubs aren’t making profits what with these TV deals.

And you know how much Kopites and Liverpool like to build themselves up as this great club and community club, well I’d say paying tax and helping their community comes under that.

Don’t care whether they can and don’t pay tax, but they have been found out as all talk.

Well I totally agree with that.

But it all comes down to whether or not they are being creative with their accounting or not for me, when assessing whether you are being fair or not.

Somehow I don’t think that Kroenke and his senior employees wouldn’t be artfully avoiding corporation tax if they could do it, just like you think Liverpool are. I’d be hugely shocked if they could get away with not paying that thirty million in tax but decided out of the good of their hearts that paying it is simply the right thing to do.

1 Like

Shouldn’t tax be based on revenue rather than profit?

No you pay corporation tax based on taxable profits.

Most businesses are trying NOT to pay taxes… typically smaller partnerships distribute (pay out) money in order to avoid taxes… once you have enough reserves, it is stupid to put yourself in position to pay taxes.

With larger corporates, it is more complicated and obviously there are more ways to defer/avoid taxes, but the same basic premise applies… if you think about it, it makes sense… if I invest in a new factory (leaving aside the capitalization rules and depreciation for the moment), you wouldn’t want to pay taxes on revenues that allowed you to reinvest in the company, right? Or pay new employees? Plus, as money is spent, a large portion eventually finds its ways into wages, dividends, etc. that ARE taxed.

1 Like

yup we are, its not that we cannot afford to spend it is the wages but that will change for the better in summer. Anyway there aint much out there that can change a squad dramatically in January anyway. I feel we will see a lot of change in summer…i would be surprised if we dont.

Tottenham not far behind us in terms of revenue. Guess it’s not too much of a surprise considering they’ve consistently been getting champions league football for a few years now

It’s not going to be much different next season when we lose players like Ramsey and Welbeck for nothing and will have to replace them.
We have too many players leaving for free and we pay too much in wages to fringe players who aren’t worth it.
How can a multi million pound organisation be so financially clueless?

Is our massive revenue hit the last 24 months solely due to our absence of Champions League Football ?

I thought last season we made basically CL money in the EL because of some TV deal loophole where the 5 CL clubs shared a pool of money whereas we took all the EL money? I think it was a fluke rather than a guarantee but still.

Swiss Ramble Thread alert

1 Like

This has really fucked us. Why did we agree to Emirates exclusively. Getting a training kit sponsor would have been some extra money